Congress stops circulation of mouthpiece
New Delhi: Congress on Thursday found itself in
a controversy after it stopped fort with the circulation of
the latest issue of its mouthpiece whose editorial questioned
the UPA Government`s decision to send four ministers to the
airport to receive yoga guru Ramdev.
"Was it necessary for four ministers to go to airport?
It is the government`s duty to adopt positive attitude
towards the demands of civil societies but this should be done
in a manner that the dignity of the elected government and its
rights are not violated," the editorial in `Congress Sandesh`
As soon as the matter came to the knowledge of senior
leaders, they decided not to circulate the latest issue for
the time being and huddled into a meeting with Shastri to take
a final call on the issue.
Incidentally, Shastri had in a tweet said on June 4,
"Indira Ji or Rajiv Ji would not have sent their ministers to
airport to placate a `Baba` arriving in a private jet."
Asked about his tweet, Shastri had then said "fighting
corruption is all right and talking to people in this regard
is also fine. But Government`s dignity should not be put at
stake. It must act without compromising with its dignity."
In another post on microblogging site Twitter the next
day, Shastri had slammed police crackdown at Ramlila Grounds
saying it was "unfortunate and avoidable" adding it was the
decision of the government and not the party.
"What happened last night at Ramlila Grounds in Delhi
was unfortunate and avoidable. It is Manmohan Singh govt. Was
not a party decision," he had tweeted.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- Triple Talaq: Why AIMPLB are opposing the petitions filed in Supreme Court?
- Legal, illegal slaughterhouses in UP: What you need to know
- DNA: Should strict action be taken against stone pelters of J&K?
- Triple talaq, polygamy integral part of Islam: AIMPLB tells SC
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Chinese national insults Indian flag, throws it in dustbin outside Noida Oppo office; massive protest takes place
- Left to die on road, pregnant Lucknow woman writes to PM Narendra Modi to end 'triple talaq', says 'I voted for BJP'
- Gautam Gambhir gives Aussies perfect send-off, says true champions let their game do all the talking!
- Here's why Donald Trump called PM Narendra Modi