Congress synonymous with inflation, massive corruption, inefficiency: BJP
New Delhi: Launching a frontal attack on the Congress Party, Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) Vice President Balbir Punj on Sunday said that the ruling party at the centre which has become synonymous with inflation and massive corruption needs to be thrown out.
"Congress which has become synonymous with inflation, massive corruption and inefficiency needs to be thrown out of this country," Punj said.
"Narendra Modi has only reiterated, what the whole country experiences today. There is rampage corruption and massive inflation under UPA 2," Punj said when asked about Gujarat Chief Minister`s address to the Indian Diaspora through a live video conference on Saturday, in which he challenged UPA leaders to submit a performance report on nine-years of rule.
"The life of common man has become very hard. The rule of UPA since last 10 years has been very troublesome for people," Punj added.
BJP`s prime ministerial candidate Modi has also hoped that the 2014 general elections, like in 1977, would reflect the voice of the people of India.
"This government, which has downgraded the country, has to go. Let us affirm that this Government has to go democratically. We should work for a progressive BJP government," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 24 dead after boat carrying 40 capsizes in river Ganga in Patna; many still missing
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: What characteristics define a true leader?
- Tourists flock to Manali as snowfall takes a short break
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- Abhishek Bachchan reveals the moment when Aishwarya Rai said 'yes' to him
- India vs England, 1st ODI: As it happened...
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre