Congress synonymous with inflation, massive corruption, inefficiency: BJP
New Delhi: Launching a frontal attack on the Congress Party, Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) Vice President Balbir Punj on Sunday said that the ruling party at the centre which has become synonymous with inflation and massive corruption needs to be thrown out.
"Congress which has become synonymous with inflation, massive corruption and inefficiency needs to be thrown out of this country," Punj said.
"Narendra Modi has only reiterated, what the whole country experiences today. There is rampage corruption and massive inflation under UPA 2," Punj said when asked about Gujarat Chief Minister`s address to the Indian Diaspora through a live video conference on Saturday, in which he challenged UPA leaders to submit a performance report on nine-years of rule.
"The life of common man has become very hard. The rule of UPA since last 10 years has been very troublesome for people," Punj added.
BJP`s prime ministerial candidate Modi has also hoped that the 2014 general elections, like in 1977, would reflect the voice of the people of India.
"This government, which has downgraded the country, has to go. Let us affirm that this Government has to go democratically. We should work for a progressive BJP government," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- Exclusive: This is what Kashmir's stone pelters have to say!
- India to activate laser walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- Will India's SAARC summit boycott change Pak's attitude towards terrorism?
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says
- WATCH: At 430/9, India needed 24 runs to avoid follow on. What Kapil Dev did next will blow your mind!
- Rameez Raja picks all-time XI - Three Indians, but just one Pakistani make it to the list
- This Hindu-dominated village in West Bengal is not allowed to organise Durga Puja as Muslims don't want it