Congress synonymous with inflation, massive corruption, inefficiency: BJP
New Delhi: Launching a frontal attack on the Congress Party, Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) Vice President Balbir Punj on Sunday said that the ruling party at the centre which has become synonymous with inflation and massive corruption needs to be thrown out.
"Congress which has become synonymous with inflation, massive corruption and inefficiency needs to be thrown out of this country," Punj said.
"Narendra Modi has only reiterated, what the whole country experiences today. There is rampage corruption and massive inflation under UPA 2," Punj said when asked about Gujarat Chief Minister`s address to the Indian Diaspora through a live video conference on Saturday, in which he challenged UPA leaders to submit a performance report on nine-years of rule.
"The life of common man has become very hard. The rule of UPA since last 10 years has been very troublesome for people," Punj added.
BJP`s prime ministerial candidate Modi has also hoped that the 2014 general elections, like in 1977, would reflect the voice of the people of India.
"This government, which has downgraded the country, has to go. Let us affirm that this Government has to go democratically. We should work for a progressive BJP government," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Achhe din': Residents of PM Modi's adopted village to get free electricity, work in full swing
- Deepika Padukone, Vin Diesel in first ‘xXx: The Return of Xander Cage’ video – Watch
- Siachen survivor Lance Naik Hanumanthappa brought to Delhi, Army chief Dabir Singh visits RR hospital
- How Lance Naik Hanumanthappa survived 6 days below 25 feet of snow in Siachen
- Siachen miracle: Lance Naik Koppad's wife terms her husband's 'news of being alive' as 'rebirth for family'