Congress thanks government for food bill
New Delhi: A day after the Lok Sabha passed the food security bill, the Congress thanked the United Progressive Alliance government for it.
"We thank the government for getting the food security bill passed in the Lok Sabha. The concern of party chief Sonia Gandhi was addressed," Congress spokesperson Bhakta Charan Das told reporters Tuesday.
He urged the states to implement the right to food law saying it was a big step for the poor.
"I am reflecting the voice of the poor people of this country who would benefit from the food bill," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- 24 dead after boat carrying 40 capsizes in river Ganga in Patna; many still missing
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: What characteristics define a true leader?
- Abhishek Bachchan reveals the moment when Aishwarya Rai said 'yes' to him
- India vs England, 1st ODI: As it happened...
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre