Congress thanks government for food bill
New Delhi: A day after the Lok Sabha passed the food security bill, the Congress thanked the United Progressive Alliance government for it.
"We thank the government for getting the food security bill passed in the Lok Sabha. The concern of party chief Sonia Gandhi was addressed," Congress spokesperson Bhakta Charan Das told reporters Tuesday.
He urged the states to implement the right to food law saying it was a big step for the poor.
"I am reflecting the voice of the poor people of this country who would benefit from the food bill," he said.
- Bizarre: This London restaurant promotes nudism; you can eat your meals here fully naked!
- Tata Group mulling over plan to launch wearables for yoga practioners, factory workers
- JNU sends show-cause to Umar for movie screening last year
- A vitamin that can decelerate ageing process!
- DU stops sale, distribution of book referring to Bhagat Singh as terrorist