Congress thinks Rahul Gandhi a `Super VIP`: BJP
Zee Media Bureau
New Delhi: A day after the Congress sought to differentiate Rahul Gandhi`s visit to flood-hit Uttarakhand from that of Narendra Modi, the BJP on Wednesday continued to hit out at the party led by Sonia Gandhi.
BJP vice president Mukhtar Abbas Naqvi alleged that the Congress vice president went to Uttarakhand for a "photo-op", not to provide relief or help to people in the rain-battered state.
Congress thinks Rahul Gandhi is a `Super VIP`, added Naqvi.
Notably, Rahul Gandhi`s trip to Uttarakhand comes as Home Minister Sushilkumar Shinde said that VVIP visits are impeding rescue operations.
On Tuesday, AICC general secretary Digvijay Singh had said: "He (Rahul) is not going for photo-ops. He is not sort of claiming like Modi that he rescued many people there."
Criticising Modi for his visit to the flood-hit state, Singh also said he should not "lie" he has saved 15,000 people.
"It is strange that the Army, the Air Force, paratroopers are all engaged in rescue operations day and night and this man (Modi) comes in and claims he has rescued 15,000 people. Don`t lie so much Mr Modi, the people aren`t that stupid."
Congress leaders and Union ministers have ridiculed Modi`s visit to Uttarakhand and a report that claims he had helped in evacuating 15,000 Gujaratis in two stays, with the party also saying he was trying to be a "Rambo" and was making the trip for "photo-ops".
But BJP president Rajnath Singh hit back at Congress for attacking Modi`s rescue efforts and said no politics should be played on such a sensitive issue.
(With PTI inputs)
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why does media give unnecessary importance to terrorists?
- Why does media give unnecessary importance to terrorists? - Part II
- Why does media give unnecessary importance to terrorists? - Part III
- Why does media give unnecessary importance to terrorists? - Part IV
- Why are schools insensitive over complexities of poor families?
- Brexit shockwaves hit British jobs, consumer confidence
- Mandsaur Muslim women assault case: Four accused held as victims narrate tale of horror
- Rupee rules firm for 3rd day, up 10 paise to 67.04 Vs USD
- Mehbooba Mufti's Burhan Wani bombshell - WATCH what exactly she said
- BELIEVE IT OR NOT! This cricket team was bowled out of just 3 runs – Details inside