Congress to give tough fight to BJP in MP, Chhattisgarh: Zee Media survey
Zee Media Bureau
Bhopal: With elections approaching fast in Madhya Pradesh, a Zee Media-C fore survey has found that the ruling Bharatiya Janata Party and the opposition Congress are engaged in a neck-to-neck fight.
As per the survey, the BJP is projected to win between 100 to 110 of the total 230 seats in the November 25 poll. The ruling party may garner 35% of the total votes, the survey found.
The Congress, on the other hand, is likely to give a tough fight to the BJP winning 34% of the vote share translating to between 99 and 109 seats.
The Bahujan Samaj Party may secure between 5 and 12 seats, while the survey projected Others to win 10-17 Assembly seats.
Further, the survey found that 51% of the electorate prefer incumbent Shivraj Singh Chouhan as the chief minister of the state. From the Congress, 31% people from Madhya Pradesh want to see Jyotiraditya Scindia of the Congress as the CM.
Among women voters too, 46% prefer Chouhan as CM while 36% would be happy to see Scindia occupy the top post in the state.
Chouhan is popular both among urban and rural voters. In urban areas, Chouhan is leading Scindia by 59% to 24% in the race for CM.
The survey also found Scindia to be a better CM candidate from the Congress compared to Union minister Kamal Nath and former state CM Digvijay Singh.
In Chhattisgarh, the contest is even more close to call. The Zee Media-C fore survey has given both the ruling BJP and opposition Congress between 41 to 46 seats out of the total 90.
In terms of vote share also, both the parties are likely to garner 39% votes each.
While BSP may win between 1 to 2 seats, Others are likely to bag 2 to 3 seats.
Who do you think will win in Madhya Pradesh and Chhattisgarh? Leave your comments here…
Liked the story? Share it on social networks…
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Siachen miracle: Lance Naik Koppad's wife terms her husband's 'news of being alive' as 'rebirth for family'
- Drunk girl creates ruckus in Delhi's Connaught Place; arrested - Watch
- JNU erupts over 'Shaheed Afzal Guru', 'Azad Kashmir'; rival student groups clash, police deployed
- WATCH: 'Sting videos of Kejriwal govt's minister Imran Hussain's staffer demanding bribe of Rs 25 lakh for his boss'
- Big clash of 2016: Aamir Khan's 'Dangal' head on with Prabhas and SS Rajamouli's 'Baahubali 2' at the Box Office?