Congress to hold workshop on land bill for its spokespersons
New Delhi: After its workshop on the Food Security Bill, Congress will hold a similar exercise to train on Monday its spokespersons and TV panelists on the land acquisition bill to explain the benefits of the legislation.
Rural Development Minister Jairam Ramesh will be explaining the benefits of the legislation at a workshop which has been organised by party General Secretary Ajay Maken who heads the AICC Communication Department.
The land acquisition bill seeks to provide just and fair compensation to farmers while ensuring that no land can be aquired forcibly. Both the bills have been passed by the Lok Sabha and are expected to get the approval of the Rajya Sabha next week.
Maken said the idea behind the workshop was to propagate the "good work" done by UPA and take the "positive work" of the government to people.
After the workshop, plans are afoot to send the spokespersons to various states to apprise PCC office-bearers of the legislation and also address a media conferences.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Zaira Wasim Trolled: Ashamed that she had to apologise, says Gautam Gambhir