Congress to hold workshop on land bill for its spokespersons
New Delhi: After its workshop on the Food Security Bill, Congress will hold a similar exercise to train on Monday its spokespersons and TV panelists on the land acquisition bill to explain the benefits of the legislation.
Rural Development Minister Jairam Ramesh will be explaining the benefits of the legislation at a workshop which has been organised by party General Secretary Ajay Maken who heads the AICC Communication Department.
The land acquisition bill seeks to provide just and fair compensation to farmers while ensuring that no land can be aquired forcibly. Both the bills have been passed by the Lok Sabha and are expected to get the approval of the Rajya Sabha next week.
Maken said the idea behind the workshop was to propagate the "good work" done by UPA and take the "positive work" of the government to people.
After the workshop, plans are afoot to send the spokespersons to various states to apprise PCC office-bearers of the legislation and also address a media conferences.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Olympic bronze medallist Sakshi Malik returns home from Rio to grand welcome!
- Rahul Gandhi takes U-turn, says never blamed RSS for Gandhi's assassination
- Secret documents on Indian Navy's Scorpene-class submarine leaked
- PM Modi's photos, Indian flags raised during massive protests in Balochistan
- Did India become victim of Scorpene submarine conspiracy?
- Fire in Hauz Khas Village, one found dead
- Premier League 2016-17: Sunderland struggling to match rivals financially, says David Moyes
- England won't force players to tour Bangladesh, says skipper Eoin Morgan
- Uttar Pradesh Speaker to decide on disqualification of Swamy Prasad Maurya
- Public figures must face criticism, don't misuse state machinery: SC to J Jayalalithaa