Congress to move EC on `irregularities` in MP, Chhattisgarh polls
New Delhi: Congress will approach Election Commission on Monday to complain against alleged irregularities during polling in BJP-ruled Madhya Pradesh and Chhattisgarh.
A party delegation led AICC general secretary in-charge for Madhya Pradesh Mohan Prakash, Congress campaign committee chief for Chhattisgarh Motilal Vora, MPCC chief Kantilal Bhuria, Madhya Pradesh CLP leader Ajay Singh and AICC secretary K C Mittal will meet Chief Election Commissioner V S Sampath in this regard.
Mohan Prakash said there have also been malfunctioning of EVMs and despite these complaints having been brought to the attention of local authorities, no action was taken.
The delegation will also demand that postal ballot should be counted first.
In a meeting with the CEC on November 28, Chhattisgarh PCC chief Charan Das Mahant had told him that the proviso postal ballots could be received even one hour before the counting has created scope for candidates to tap postal voters even after polling is over.
"This opens scope for pressure tactics and manipulation. In closely contested elections, where the margins are often in two or three digits, this can make a lot of difference...To counter such allegations, it is requested that postal ballots be counted before the EVM votes are counted," Mahant had said.
The two-BJP states, where Congress is out of power for last 10 years, has witnessed a direct contest between Congress and BJP.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Have political parties diverted from development agenda in UP elections?
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- Reliance Jio Prime Membership at Rs 99: All you need to know about the plan
- 'Intolerance brigade' attacks Zee News' #FatehKaFatwa host Tarek Fateh - WATCH