Congress top brass hails contribution of Rahul Gandhi
New Delhi: The Congress top brass Tuesday lauded the contribution of Rahul Gandhi in bringing a new
generation to the party fold through a democratic process in
the youth and student wings of the organisation.
Rahul`s contribution was in particular praised at the
AICC session by Finance Minister Pranab Mukherjee.
"This meeting appreciates and supports the initiatives
taken by the Indian Youth Congress and the NSUI under
leadership of Rahul Gandhi to bring about a new era of
inclusive participation of youth in national service through
an election based political process at the grassroots level,"
Mukherjee said in a statement, amid applause.
In her address at the AICC session, Congress president
Sonia Gandhi said, "We cannot remain an effective election
machine which starts working only during a election. On this
issue, I am happy that Youth Congress and NSUI have brought in
a new generation of youth into the organisation through a
Rahul Gandhi is the AICC general secretary in-charge
of Youth Congress and party`s student wing NSUI.
While appreciating the work done by the youth and
student wings of the Congress, Sonia Gandhi asked the AICC
members not to wait till announcement of elections and be ever
ready for the polls.
"Our party has seen several ups and downs. Our
internal strength has been put to test several times. But we
have created a huge amount of goodwill in the hearts of the
people and through our hard work and dedication overcome all
challenges and hurdles," she said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Over 60 cadets killed in Pakistan police academy attack
- Panel discussion over vote bank politics on Hinduism
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's ''progressive'' remark on triple talaq
- Panel discussion over delayed development in Ayodhya
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- India vs New Zealand: Awestruck Kiwis witness MS Dhoni driving his Hummer in Ranchi, and photo goes viral
- Lashkar-e-Toiba claims responsibility for Uri attack in posters pasted in Pakistan town
- Naya Bazar explosion: Home Ministry seeks report from Delhi Police; one dead, 5 injured