Congress top brass hails contribution of Rahul Gandhi
New Delhi: The Congress top brass Tuesday lauded the contribution of Rahul Gandhi in bringing a new
generation to the party fold through a democratic process in
the youth and student wings of the organisation.
Rahul`s contribution was in particular praised at the
AICC session by Finance Minister Pranab Mukherjee.
"This meeting appreciates and supports the initiatives
taken by the Indian Youth Congress and the NSUI under
leadership of Rahul Gandhi to bring about a new era of
inclusive participation of youth in national service through
an election based political process at the grassroots level,"
Mukherjee said in a statement, amid applause.
In her address at the AICC session, Congress president
Sonia Gandhi said, "We cannot remain an effective election
machine which starts working only during a election. On this
issue, I am happy that Youth Congress and NSUI have brought in
a new generation of youth into the organisation through a
Rahul Gandhi is the AICC general secretary in-charge
of Youth Congress and party`s student wing NSUI.
While appreciating the work done by the youth and
student wings of the Congress, Sonia Gandhi asked the AICC
members not to wait till announcement of elections and be ever
ready for the polls.
"Our party has seen several ups and downs. Our
internal strength has been put to test several times. But we
have created a huge amount of goodwill in the hearts of the
people and through our hard work and dedication overcome all
challenges and hurdles," she said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ceasefire violations by Pak: Should India carry out surgical strike part-II?
- Pak High Commission staffer grilled for spying, asked to leave India
- Panel discussion on the need of Pakistan's ambassador in India
- Beware! Fake currency notes floating in market this Diwali
- Intelligence agencies warn of firing by Pakistan along LoC, international border
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- Diwali 2016: Dhanteras Puja timings, Tithi and Vidhi
- Pakistan declares Indian High Commission official persona non grata, asks him to leave country
- UPA govt thought of attacking Lashkar HQ, training camps after 26/11 strike, claims ex-NSA Shivshankar Menon