Congress treated Amitabh as `untouchable`: Bal Thackeray
Mumbai: Coming out in defence of old friend
Amitabh Bachchan, Shiv Sena chief Bal Thackeray on Saturday said the
actor has done nothing wrong by attending the inauguration of
the second phase of the Bandra-Worli Sea Link.
"Amitabh hasn`t committed a crime by attending the
event," Thackeray said in an editorial in party mouthpiece
Lambasting Congress for "treating the actor as an
untouchable", Thackeray said "Shah Rukh Khan, who took cudgels
on behalf of Pakistanis, will do for Congress, which is
allergic to Amitabh."
"Amitabh attending the function only added to the
prestige of the event," Thackeray said on the actor sharing
the dias with Congress leaders at the Sea Link function.
Bachchan is not a thief, dacoit or a terrorist, Thackeray
The presence of Bachchan at the inauguration of second
phase of the Sea Link a couple of days back had sparked a
controversy with Congress leaders from Mumbai taking objection
to Chief Minister Ashok Chavan sharing platform with the actor,
who is a brand ambassador for BJP-ruled Gujarat.
"Amitabh is targeted because he is brand ambassador of
Gujarat. Ambani and Tata who live in Mumbai have invested
heavily in Gujarat. Will anyone from Congress ask them why
were they investing in Narendra Modi`s Gujarat," Thackeray
The actor belongs to the nation and will remain so, he
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Exclusive: Prakash Javadekar's views on issue of climate change before UN summit
- Kerala's Sunni religious leader calls gender equality ‘un-Islamic’
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader
- Russia strikes down Goa, India from its safe travel destinations list
- Intolerance issue: Aamir Khan's remarks 'innocent', says Rajkumar Hirani
- Arvind Kejriwal backs Tarun Gogoi's claim over Guv favouring BJP, suspects 'coop federalism'
- PM Modi leaves for Paris to take part in Climate Conference