Congress unable to digest Narendra Modi`s popularity: BJP
Hyderabad: Dismissing Congress` attack on the move to charge Rs 5 from people for attending Narendra Modi`s public meeting here, the BJP on Tuesday said the ruling party is making allegations as it is unable to digest the growing popularity of the Gujarat Chief Minister.
"Congress is rattled by Narendra Modi. They are not able to digest the growing popularity of Narendra Modi. That`s why they are making such allegations. They are trying to hit below the belt," senior BJP leader M Venkaiah Naidu told reporters here.
"We don`t understand why should Congress object to it. The party took this decision to promote a sense of involvement. The token money is meant for Uttarakhand relief. If he (Union Minister Manish Tewari) says it is a flop show, he can go for flop shows. Congress show itself is a flop show. Congress has been running a flop show in this country for the last 50 years," he said.
Naidu was replying to a query on Union Minister Manish Tewari`s comments on the state BJP`s move to collect Rs 5 per person for attending the public meeting to be addressed by Modi here on August 11.
State BJP unit president G Kishan Reddy, who made the official announcement about the public meeting today, said the Rs 5 contribution is voluntary and no tickets have been printed.
"For the public meeting, the state unit of BJP has decided to collect Rs 5 towards registration from those who can afford to give. That money will be contributed towards Uttarakhand relief. No tickets have been printed for this. There are no ticket sales," he said.
Those who can afford, they can give Rs 5 and those who cannot afford are also welcome, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- India's surgical strikes: Pakistan buries slain terrorists to hide evidence, asks Masood Azhar to go mum
- Who is Chandu Babulal Chauhan and why India wants to bring him back from Pakistan - Read