Congress welcomes ending of fast by Hazare
New Delhi: Welcoming ending of fast by Anna
Hazare, Congress on Sunday said it is a "win-win situation" for
"It`s a historic occasion because it is a win-win
situation for Indian democracy and for all stakeholders,"
party spokesperson Abhishek Singhvi said.
On a question whether the government had to "bow down"
under pressure from civil society, Singhvi said there are
occasions in history when "we have to move away from binary
Singhvi said, "We should applaud the fact that all
participants rose to the occasion to engage in constructive
and concrete nitty-gritty of law making first before the
standing committee and then again before Parliament".
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video
- Gujarat man who disclosed Rs 14,000 crore unaccounted wealth goes missing
- RBI to issue new Rs 20, Rs 50 notes; old notes to remain legal tender
- Rahul Dravid heaps praise on Virat Kohli, R Ashwin; calls duo modern cricket legends