Congress welcomes ending of fast by Hazare
New Delhi: Welcoming ending of fast by Anna
Hazare, Congress on Sunday said it is a "win-win situation" for
"It`s a historic occasion because it is a win-win
situation for Indian democracy and for all stakeholders,"
party spokesperson Abhishek Singhvi said.
On a question whether the government had to "bow down"
under pressure from civil society, Singhvi said there are
occasions in history when "we have to move away from binary
Singhvi said, "We should applaud the fact that all
participants rose to the occasion to engage in constructive
and concrete nitty-gritty of law making first before the
standing committee and then again before Parliament".
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi visits Lord Jagannath temple at Puri
- Boyfriend murders DU student Arzu Singh; hides body in his house for three days
- International Fleet Review: India shows off naval prowess in "Operation Demo"
- Declared unfit for employment, man invents cost-effective electric car called Pixie!
- Can comments on social media against politicians land you in jail?
- PM Narendra Modi never disappoints his supporters, here's another example - see pic
- Year of the Monkey: Know how lucky you are according to Chinese calendar!
- India vs Sri Lanka 2016, 1st T20I: Squads, date, time, TV listing, live streaming
- WATCH: When PM Modi took his supporters by surprise, came to meet them standing on car's side foot step
- After prayers at Jagannath Temple, PM Narendra Modi inaugurates IOCL project at Paradip refinery