Congress welcomes Nawaz Sharif`s statement
New Delhi: Congress on Wednesday welcomed Pakistan Prime Minister designate Nawaz Sharif`s remarks that Pakistani his country`s territory will not be allowed to be used for anti-India activities.
""We welcome the statement of Nawaz Sharif. We hope that he will strive to implement in letter and spirit what he has said", party spokesman Shakeel Ahmed told reporters.
He said Sharif`s statement was welcome as there have been elements which do not want to see cordial ties between India and Pakistan and foment cross-border terrorism.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Admissions 2015: Know India's best ranking Universities
- Yasin Bhatkal calls wife from Hyderabad jail, talks of 'help from Damascus'
- DNA: Analysis of first SECC survey in eight decades
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with UPSC topper Ira Singhal's family
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions
- Five guerrillas, one soldier killed near LoC
- 3rd Test, Day 2: Sri Lanka rattle Pakistan in decider
- Indian Mujahideen chief Yasin Bhatkal indicates Islamic State will help him get out of jail soon
- Missing UK schoolgirls seen carrying Kalashnikov rifle in ISIS's Raqqa?