Congress welcomes Nawaz Sharif`s statement
New Delhi: Congress on Wednesday welcomed Pakistan Prime Minister designate Nawaz Sharif`s remarks that Pakistani his country`s territory will not be allowed to be used for anti-India activities.
""We welcome the statement of Nawaz Sharif. We hope that he will strive to implement in letter and spirit what he has said", party spokesman Shakeel Ahmed told reporters.
He said Sharif`s statement was welcome as there have been elements which do not want to see cordial ties between India and Pakistan and foment cross-border terrorism.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over SP leader Azam Khan's controversial remark on Muslim population
- Former CM Panneerselvam demands secret voting in Tamil Nadu Assembly
- UP elections in third phase; voting on 69 seats of 12 districts
- Exclusive: In conversation with Rajnath Singh, Union Home Minister
- DMK, Congress will vote against government formation in Tamil Nadu
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowance Committee likely to submit report on 20 February
- Pakistan Senate passes Hindu Marriage Bill
- This video of Brett Lee's 143m six is taking internet by storm – Watch Video
- India can meet its energy requirements from Moon by 2030, says ISRO