Congress will get absolute majority: Jairam Ramesh
Karimnagar: Union Minister Jairam Ramesh on Monday expressed confidence in Congress securing an absolute majority in the upcoming Lok Sabha polls.
Addressing a public meeting in Karimnagar town, Ramesh said the credit for forming Telangana goes to the Congress party, though every political party has been claiming credit.
Even after the passage of Telangana Bill in the Lok Sabha, BJP leader Venkaiah Naidu criticised the bill for political gain, he claimed.
Ramesh also said national status would be given to Pranahita and Chevella projects.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vyapam Scam: Mystery over journalist Akshay Singh's death continues
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Exclusive chat with Ranchi's visually challenged singer Tumpa Kumari
- Jhansi police launches ‘Citizen Cop’ android app
- Kailash Vijayvargiya on Akshay Singh's death: Is a journalist bigger than me?
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- Shahid Kapoor marriage: 500 guests have been invited for the wedding, says card designer
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K, one BSF jawan killed in Kupwara
- Mass failure in DU exam: HRD Minister Smriti Irani asks officials to enquire
- Suspicious Iranian boat seized off Kerala coast, Pakistani ID card recovered