Congress will get absolute majority: Jairam Ramesh
Karimnagar: Union Minister Jairam Ramesh on Monday expressed confidence in Congress securing an absolute majority in the upcoming Lok Sabha polls.
Addressing a public meeting in Karimnagar town, Ramesh said the credit for forming Telangana goes to the Congress party, though every political party has been claiming credit.
Even after the passage of Telangana Bill in the Lok Sabha, BJP leader Venkaiah Naidu criticised the bill for political gain, he claimed.
Ramesh also said national status would be given to Pranahita and Chevella projects.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- Exclusive: This is what Kashmir's stone pelters have to say!
- India to activate laser walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- Former bureaucrat BK Bansal commits suicide along with his son at Delhi residence
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says
- Rameez Raja picks all-time XI - Three Indians, but just one Pakistani make it to the list
- This Hindu-dominated village in West Bengal is not allowed to organise Durga Puja as Muslims don't want it
- As Pakistan gloats over hosting 70 Russians, 250 Indian Army soldiers renew bonds in Vladivostok