Congress will lose Gujarat, HP Assembly polls: BJP
New Delhi: Alleging that the Congress party has continuously obstructed development works in Gujarat and Himachal Pradesh, the Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) on Sunday claimed that the former would lose the upcoming Assembly Elections in these states.
Himachal Pradesh and Gujarat, which have BJP Governments, go to the polls on November 4 and December 13 and 17 respectively.
BJP spokesperson Mukhtar Abbas Naqvi said that the tone and tenure of Congress leaders, including party chief Sonia Gandhi, suggested that they had conceded defeat before the elections.
"The Congress Party has continuously obstructed developmental works in these states. They tried to tarnish the pride of these two states. The Congress party is annoyed and desperate during the polls in these two states. The tone and tenure of Congress leaders, including Sonia Gandhi, reflect that the Congress Party has conceded defeat before elections," he said in New Delhi.
He said that image of the Congress Party had taken a severe beating due to series of multi-billion rupee and dollar scams, including the coal and telecom scandals.
"The image of the Congress Party in the country has taken a severe beating. No leader could rectify its image. Their image as well as character has been tainted what would a face (leader) do. The demon of corruption would destroy the Congress Party," he added.
Naqvi further sought clarification over corruption allegations against Sonia`s son-in-law Robert Vadra.
"It is better that a sound clarification should be made in public instead of these continuous spate. So that such things could be stopped. There should finality whether these allegations are true or wrong," he said.
Activist-turned politician Arvind Kejriwal has alleged that Vadra received kickbacks from a real estate developer, and that his income rose from rupees five million rupees to a whopping rupees three billion within short span of time.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over vote bank politics on Hinduism
- Pak High Commission staffer grilled for spying, asked to leave India
- Panel discussion on the need of Pakistan's ambassador in India
- Ceasefire violations by Pak: Should India carry out surgical strike part-II?
- DNA: Zee Media's campaign to celebrate Diwali with soldier's family
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- Pakistan declares Indian High Commission official persona non grata, asks him to leave country
- UPA govt thought of attacking Lashkar HQ, training camps after 26/11 strike, claims ex-NSA Shivshankar Menon
- VIRAL VIDEO: Damn cute! Why this 9-week-old's full head of hair is shocking the internet - WATCH