Congress will not resort to abuse: Rahul Gandhi
Salumber (Rajasthan): Making a veiled attack on Narendra Modi, Rahul Gandhi on Wednesday said Congress would not resort to abuse of its rivals notwithstanding any amount of provocation.
Addressing an election rally in poll-bound Rajasthan, a day after Modi attacked Congress on the issue of corruption with a sarcastic alphabetic primer, Gandhi said, "one person came and made fun (of us)." He did not take the name of the Gujarat Chief Minister.
"We will not say anything wrong about anybody. Opposition can attack us, abuse us. It is their discretion. They can also make fun of us, let them have pleasure. That anger is theirs and we will not accept their gift," the Congress Vice President said.
"No matter how much you (opposition) criticise us, we won`t accept it because we are Congress soldiers, we work for the country. Our dream is the dream of our country. We are fighting for the poor people in the country. I want to crush my dreams and make your dreams mine," he said.
Apparently targeting BJP`s on its stand on minorities, he highlighted the difference in thought between Congress and the Opposition party.
"What we consider is that India is a bouquet with different flowers. We want all the flowers to shine, be it Hindu, Sikh, Muslim or Adivasi or anyone. We want to take everyone along. We want the voice of Adivasis to be heard," he said.
"Opposition thinks poor people are a burden. We think this country has been made by the sweat and blood of these poor people," Rahul said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- Indian Army avenges Uri with surgical strikes across LoC, heavy casualties
- Exclusive: This is what Kashmir's stone pelters have to say!
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says