Congress workers protest for PM outside BJP HQ
Zee Media Bureau
New Delhi: Protesting against Bharatiya Janata Party’s continuous demand for the resignation of Prime Minister Manmohan Singh, hundreds of Youth Congress workers on Wednesday gathered outside BJP headquarters at Ashoka Road.
The Delhi police had to use water cannons to disperse the agitating Congress workers after they stormed the barricades. However, they refused to budge from the protest site, as per reports.
The Congress workers are protesting against the comments made against the Prime Minister by the Opposition.
The BJP on Sunday demanded the resignation of Prime Minister Manmohan Singh and said that the changes in the CBI status report in the Coalgate submitted to the Supreme Court were made to save Singh`s skin.
If the PM continued to stay in his office despite expose of his role in the Coalgate, then the BJP will carry out a nationwide agitation to press for his resignation, BJP national spokesperson Rajiv Pratap Rudy had earlier said.
(With Agency Inputs)
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- ISL 2015: Atletico de Kolkata vs Kerala Blasters - Preview
- Aarushi Talwar's grandfather breaks silence, writes open letter – Read
- 2015 Bihar Assembly Elections: 57% voting in first phase, women voters outnumber men
- Five ways to get pregnant fast!
- After Azhar, Harbhajan Singh visits Navjot Singh Sidhu in hospital!