Congress workers protest for PM outside BJP HQ
Zee Media Bureau
New Delhi: Protesting against Bharatiya Janata Party’s continuous demand for the resignation of Prime Minister Manmohan Singh, hundreds of Youth Congress workers on Wednesday gathered outside BJP headquarters at Ashoka Road.
The Delhi police had to use water cannons to disperse the agitating Congress workers after they stormed the barricades. However, they refused to budge from the protest site, as per reports.
The Congress workers are protesting against the comments made against the Prime Minister by the Opposition.
The BJP on Sunday demanded the resignation of Prime Minister Manmohan Singh and said that the changes in the CBI status report in the Coalgate submitted to the Supreme Court were made to save Singh`s skin.
If the PM continued to stay in his office despite expose of his role in the Coalgate, then the BJP will carry out a nationwide agitation to press for his resignation, BJP national spokesperson Rajiv Pratap Rudy had earlier said.
(With Agency Inputs)
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- India to activate lazer walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- EPFO to launch new online system for pensions and PFs soon
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details
- REALITY CHECK of WhatsApp message: How common man can sign petition to declare Pakistan a terror state