Congress workers protest for PM outside BJP HQ
Zee Media Bureau
New Delhi: Protesting against Bharatiya Janata Party’s continuous demand for the resignation of Prime Minister Manmohan Singh, hundreds of Youth Congress workers on Wednesday gathered outside BJP headquarters at Ashoka Road.
The Delhi police had to use water cannons to disperse the agitating Congress workers after they stormed the barricades. However, they refused to budge from the protest site, as per reports.
The Congress workers are protesting against the comments made against the Prime Minister by the Opposition.
The BJP on Sunday demanded the resignation of Prime Minister Manmohan Singh and said that the changes in the CBI status report in the Coalgate submitted to the Supreme Court were made to save Singh`s skin.
If the PM continued to stay in his office despite expose of his role in the Coalgate, then the BJP will carry out a nationwide agitation to press for his resignation, BJP national spokesperson Rajiv Pratap Rudy had earlier said.
(With Agency Inputs)
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: ISIS terrorist blown into pieces while bragging about his previous victory
- Trinamool Congress activist was part of Pak ISI spy ring?
- WATCH: Pakistan vs England, 3rd T20: Complete highlights
- SP leader Azam Khan stirs fresh controversy, says RSS leaders are homosexuals
- Priyanka Chopra’s sex scene from ‘Quantico’ goes viral – Watch video