Congress workers stage protest against Rail Budget
New Delhi: Terming the Rail Budget presented by Union Railway Minister Sadananda Gowda as "useless", scores of Congress workers led by DPCC chief Arvinder Singh Lovely Tuesday staged a protest outside the minister`s residence here.
The protesters reached Gowda`s 1, Tyagraj Marg residence around 3 pm and raised slogans against Prime Minister Narendra Modi and Gowda. They also demanded immediate rollback of the recent rail fare hike.
"Modi government`s budget is useless and the bullet train proposal is just an eyewash. They should first roll back recent rail fare hike immediately. With this proposal, BJP-led government has unleashed a `bullet inflation` on the people of Delhi and as well as country," Mukesh Sharma, DPCC chief spokesperson said.
Yesterday, Congress leaders had tried to gherao Parliament House to protest over the issue of price rise and rail fare hike, but were prevented from doing so due to heavy security in the area.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Clash between two football players leaves one dead
- Is the bread you are buying increasing your risk of cancer?
- Is the bread you are buying increasing your risk of cancer? - Part II
- DNA: Analysis of India's first-ever indigenous space shuttle RLV-TD
- DNA: Analysis of Chabahar pact signed between India, Iran and Afghanistan
- French Open 2016: Stan Wawrinka escapes historic blow, Garbine Muguruza struggles
- Cancer-causing chemicals found in bread samples, says CSE; Health Ministry orders probe
- Help your child grow with Ziro, a dexterous robotics kit for kids!
- Baltimore police officer acquitted in Freddie Gray death
- Bombs kill nearly 150 in Syrian government-held cities