Congress workers stage protest against Rail Budget
New Delhi: Terming the Rail Budget presented by Union Railway Minister Sadananda Gowda as "useless", scores of Congress workers led by DPCC chief Arvinder Singh Lovely Tuesday staged a protest outside the minister`s residence here.
The protesters reached Gowda`s 1, Tyagraj Marg residence around 3 pm and raised slogans against Prime Minister Narendra Modi and Gowda. They also demanded immediate rollback of the recent rail fare hike.
"Modi government`s budget is useless and the bullet train proposal is just an eyewash. They should first roll back recent rail fare hike immediately. With this proposal, BJP-led government has unleashed a `bullet inflation` on the people of Delhi and as well as country," Mukesh Sharma, DPCC chief spokesperson said.
Yesterday, Congress leaders had tried to gherao Parliament House to protest over the issue of price rise and rail fare hike, but were prevented from doing so due to heavy security in the area.
- ‘Kaabil’ Hrithik Roshan’s first look out – Here it is
- Champions League: Real Madrid edge past Manchester City to set up all-Madrid final
- AgustaWestland chopper deal: ED to quiz former IAF chief SP Tyagi today
- Sushant Singh Rajput reveals why his ‘Pavitra Rishta’ with Ankita Lokhande ended
- IPL 2016: Shah Rukh Khan thinks his son AbRam could be a mystery fielder – Find out why