Congress workers stage protest against Rail Budget
New Delhi: Terming the Rail Budget presented by Union Railway Minister Sadananda Gowda as "useless", scores of Congress workers led by DPCC chief Arvinder Singh Lovely Tuesday staged a protest outside the minister`s residence here.
The protesters reached Gowda`s 1, Tyagraj Marg residence around 3 pm and raised slogans against Prime Minister Narendra Modi and Gowda. They also demanded immediate rollback of the recent rail fare hike.
"Modi government`s budget is useless and the bullet train proposal is just an eyewash. They should first roll back recent rail fare hike immediately. With this proposal, BJP-led government has unleashed a `bullet inflation` on the people of Delhi and as well as country," Mukesh Sharma, DPCC chief spokesperson said.
Yesterday, Congress leaders had tried to gherao Parliament House to protest over the issue of price rise and rail fare hike, but were prevented from doing so due to heavy security in the area.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- DNA: Captain Saurabh Kalia's torture at the hands of Pakistani Army
- India's second deadliest heatwave kills more than 2000 people
- DNA: Govt tests Maggi noodle samples from all states
- Zee Media exclusive interview with victim of Uber molestation
- Assam Board (seba.net.in & resultsassam.nic.in): SEBA HSLC / AHM class 10th Results 2015 to be announced today
- Anti-minority remarks by Sangh Parivar leaders 'uncalled for': Narendra Modi
- Was asked to call Sunanda Pushkar’s death `natural`: AIIMS doctor
- From being the ‘Dabangg’ girl to ‘Akira’ - Sonakshi Sinha’s journey so far
- China ship carrying 458 on board sinks in Yangtze River: Five dead, hundreds missing