Congress working on "aggressive, effective" media strategy
New Delhi: The aim of devising an aggressive and effective media strategy for the party ahead of Lok Sabha polls dominated the five-day special Congress workshop which concluded here on Thursday.
Mock television debates, group discussions and lecture sessions by experts were organised during the workshop that begun on Sunday.
Party vice-president Rahul Gandhi had on Tuesday attended the closely-guarded programme.
He is said to have underlined the need for party spokespersons to counter opposition propaganda with facts and figures, all the while maintaining decency.
The party is treating the Food Security Bill as a `game changer` with an eye on the Lok Sabha polls, and the workshop saw a special session devoted to chalking out a strategy to take the message of this `historic` law to the people.
The Direct Benefit Transfer (DBT) was also a major talking point during the programme.
Apart from Congress leaders, a number of experts, too, were invited for the workshop.
Over 60 selected partymen from various states were trained in various subjects ranging from domestic politics, economy and international relations.
Ever since Rahul took over as the party Vice President in January this year, a performance evaluation system is functioning in all wings of the party, including its media section.
That has raised talk of the possibility that along with the induction of new faces in the media team, some of the current spokespersons and television panelists may be dropped.
Earlier, Congress had organised a two-day media session on July 22-23 to tone up the party`s communication strategy and to institutionalise a framework for the same in all states ahead of Lok Sabha elections.
It had also on August 23 organised a one-day workshop dedicated to social media.
Both those workshops were addressed by Rahul.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- Basic ideals of Constitution are in danger: Sonia Gandhi
- PM Modi greets nation on occasion of first Constitution Day
- Manjula Vaghela's journey: From rag picker to head of a firm with Rs 1 cr turnover!
- Indian Army faces shortage of field firing ranges in J&K
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Eat smart to slow down ageing and increase longevity!
- Intolerance issue: Those attacking me are only proving my point, says Aamir Khan – Read full statement
- Setback to Kejriwal-led AAP as MLA Akhilesh Tripathi arrested in riot case
- 10 interesting facts about Constitution which every Indian must know