Congressional committee to hold hearing on India
Washington: A key Congressional committee will hold a hearing on India-US relationship under Narendra Modi with top Obama administration officials, former diplomats and eminent South Asia experts testifying before it ahead of the Indian Prime Minister`s US visit in September.
The hearing "Indispensable Partners - Reenergizing US-India Ties" has been convened by Subcommittee on Near Eastern and South and Central Asian Affairs of the Senate Foreign Relation Committee tomorrow morning.
Assistant Secretary of State for South and Central Asia, Nisha Desai Biswal, and Amy Searight, Deputy Assistant Secretary Of Defence For South And Southeast Asia, are scheduled to testify before Senate sub-committee on India-US relationship.
Others invited to testify before the subcommittee are former US ambassador to India Frank G Wisner, Richard M Rossow, Wadhwani Chair In US-India Policy Studies at Centre for Strategic and International Studies, Vikram Singh, vice president National Security And International Policy at the Centre for American Progress and Lisa Curtis, senior research fellow at The Heritage Foundation.
Among issues to be discussed during the hearing include India-US relations under Modi, opportunities and realistic expectations, deepening the defence relationship, prospects for economic liberalisation, expanding commercial, energy and business ties and India`s role in the region and Asia-Pacific.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Call up this number and get Reliance Jio's SIM for sure
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi