Congressional committee to hold hearing on India
Washington: A key Congressional committee will hold a hearing on India-US relationship under Narendra Modi with top Obama administration officials, former diplomats and eminent South Asia experts testifying before it ahead of the Indian Prime Minister`s US visit in September.
The hearing "Indispensable Partners - Reenergizing US-India Ties" has been convened by Subcommittee on Near Eastern and South and Central Asian Affairs of the Senate Foreign Relation Committee tomorrow morning.
Assistant Secretary of State for South and Central Asia, Nisha Desai Biswal, and Amy Searight, Deputy Assistant Secretary Of Defence For South And Southeast Asia, are scheduled to testify before Senate sub-committee on India-US relationship.
Others invited to testify before the subcommittee are former US ambassador to India Frank G Wisner, Richard M Rossow, Wadhwani Chair In US-India Policy Studies at Centre for Strategic and International Studies, Vikram Singh, vice president National Security And International Policy at the Centre for American Progress and Lisa Curtis, senior research fellow at The Heritage Foundation.
Among issues to be discussed during the hearing include India-US relations under Modi, opportunities and realistic expectations, deepening the defence relationship, prospects for economic liberalisation, expanding commercial, energy and business ties and India`s role in the region and Asia-Pacific.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Zee Media exclusive chat with 'Welcome to Karachi' cast
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Zee Media exclusive interview with Haryana CM Manohar Lal Khattar
- UP Minister allegedly threatens, abuses Gonda businessman
- Manali: Heavy corruption found in environmental taxes
- UP: Jammu-bound Muri Express derails in Kaushambi
- Five unmanned parachutes spotted over Mumbai airport
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 24, 2015
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- Dawood's intercepted phone calls prove yet again he is in Pakistan
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man?
- Jaipur girl Mini Rajpal wins Miss India Deaf 2015!
- CBSE Board Class 12th Exam Results 2015 declared
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man? Part-2
- Mumbai architecture creates double decker bus from scrap!
- IPL 2015 Final: MI vs CSK - As it happened...
- Heatwave continues in North India; death toll in Andhra Pradesh, Telangana more than 400
- IPL 2015 final: Mumbai Indians thrash Chennai Super Kings by 41 runs to lift second title
- Heatwave claims over 550 lives so far, Delhi saw hottest day
- Check cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 12 result 2015
- Mathura rally: PM Modi slams 'corrupt' UPA regime, lauds NDA govt's efforts in past one year
- Kejriwal completes 100 days in office, AAP says centre 'shadow boxing' over row with LG
- CBSE Class 12 results out: Here's how you can check
- PM Narendra Modi's Mathura rally: As it happened
- Not just today, Muslims feeling alienated since 1947: Najma Heptulla