Congress`s dig at BJP on PM candidate
New Delhi: Amid divisions in NDA on the issue of Prime Ministerial candidate, Congress today took a dig at BJP saying the country will have to witness the "tamasha" (spectacle) till the next Lok Sabha elections.
Party spokesman P C Chacko also dismissed suggestions that UPA was not united on the leadership issue, denying that Sharad Pawar had made any adverse comments on Rahul Gandhi.
"I do not think anyone is strong enough. It is the dynamics of the party. Many other names will be coming in the future.... There are many aspirants. This tamasha we will enjoy in the next one year", Chacko said.
He was asked by reporters whether Narendra Modi, opposed by JD-U as the PM candidate or Sushma Swaraj projected by Shiv Sena for the top job was a strong rival for Congress in the next Lok Sabha poll.
When told that NCP chief Sharad Pawar has given indications that he has reservations about the leadership of Rahul Gandhi, Chacko said "there is no such information. I have not heard such thing."
"NCP is very strongly supporting Congress. The ties are very cordial. It is supporting the stand of Congress", he said disputing suggestions that Pawar is pitching for his projection as the PM candidate.
He said Pawar has never made any such statement.
Asked who was the Prime Ministerial candidate of Congress, he said there was no vacancy at the top and the issue has to be decided after elections.
Replying to another question on BJP chief Rajnath Singh`s demand that Prime Minister Manmohan Singh make the stand clear on the issue of seperate Telangana, he said "Rajanath Singh cannot demand who should speak on Telangana. Our party`s position is very clear on it".
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why are schools insensitive over complexities of poor families?
- Why are schools insensitive over complexities of poor families? - Part II
- DNA: Who are the sponsors and co-sponsors of terrorism in India?
- DNA: Who are the sponsors and co-sponsors of terrorism in India? Part-II
- DNA: Analyzing the mystery of missing IAF aircraft AN-32
- Clinton accepts Democratic White House nomination in defining speech
- AMAZING WEIGHT LOSS TIP! Is this the fastest way to lose fat overnight?- Watch
- Not everything they taught you in science was true - 10 myths debunked in this 3-min VIDEO!
- Home Minister level talks: India, Bangladesh resolve to fight terrorism together
- Ukraine at UN says Putin's Crimea decree 'null and void'