Congress`s graft transcends air, land and hades: Sushma
Sirsa (Haryana): Senior BJP leader Sushma Swaraj Sunday said the corruption unleashed by the Congress party and its government had transcended air, land and hades.
Addressing a joint rally of the Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) and Haryana Janhit Congress (HJC) in this Haryana town, 300 km from Chandigarh, Swaraj said: "Congress sarkar ka bhrashtachar hawa, zameen aur pataal tak hai (The corruption by Congress has reached air, land and hades)."
She said the Congress-led UPA government had done corruption in the air by selling spectrum airwaves at throwaway prices, corruption on land through the Commonwealth Games (CWG) and in the hades (pataal) through the coal blocks` allocation.
"It is time for such a corrupt government to go," Swaraj, the leader of opposition in the Lok Sabha, told the gathering.
She said Chief Minister Bhupinder Singh Hooda`s government in Haryana had let the law and order situation in the state get out of hand. The increasing number of rapes and other crimes across Haryana showed that the state`s Congress government had failed to control crime, she added.
Swaraj and BJP president Nitin Gadkari, who also addressed the gathering, said that if the BJP-HJC alliance was voted to power in the state, HJC leader Kuldeep Bishnoi would be the next chief minister of Haryana.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- BMC elections results 2017: BJP to gain big amid neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena, reveals latest poll survey
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!