Congress`s jibe at Chandrababu Naidu
New Delhi: Congress on Wednesday took a jibe at N Chandrababu Naidu for his statement that the ruling party was not coming clear on the issue of Telangana statehood and said the TDP chief has long been out of power and hence forgotten that those in power do not jump to air their views first.
"Chandrababu Naidu has forgotten that those who are in the ruling dispensation do not jump to air their views first. They first listen to all and allow them to air their views. This is a basic thing but Naidu has possibly forgotten it because he has since long not been in power," party spokesperson Renuka Chowdhry told reporters.
Her reaction came a day after Naidu had said in Andhra Pradesh "it (Congress) is in power and it has the authority to decide whether or not to grant statehood to Telangana. Instead of coming clear on the issue, it is trying to create trouble for other parties".
The war of words between the two parties have come ahead of the all-party meeting convened by the Centre on December 28 amid mounting pressure on Congress in Andhra Pradesh to spell out its stand clearly on the contentious Telangana statehood issue.
Not only the opposition parties, but the party leaders particularly from Telangana region, are vociferous in their demand that Congress should first make its stand clear before seeking the opinion of others.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India mourns Lance Naik Hanumanthappa Koppad's death: Who said what
- ISI trains JeM, LeT terrorists: Former Pak president Pervez Musharraf
- Came to Mumbai from Pakistan to select 26/11 attack sites, David Headley tells Mumbai court
- 'Afzal Guru amar rahe', 'Kashmir lekar rahenge' slogans raised at Press Club of India
- Siachen braveheart loses battle for life; India pays homage to Lance Naik Hanumanthappa, PM Modi 'devastated'