Cong`s jibe at AAP method to fight graft
New Delhi: Congress on Thursday took a jibe at Delhi Chief Minister Arvind Kejriwal`s Aam Admi Party over its plan to encourage people to fight corruption through sting operations.
"AAP govt is asking to do sting against corrupt people,hopefully they will not reject them as they rejected the sting against AAP candidates," AICC general secretary in-charge for Delhi Shakeel Ahmed tweeted.
Ahmed was referring to the sting operation carried out by a media portal on Aam Aadmi Party`s senior leaders, including Shazia Ilmi and Kumar Vishwas, in November last year. AAP formed an internal committee to probe it and later trashed the sting operation.
Ahmed`s remarks on Twitter have come a day after Kejriwal launched an anti-corruption helpline in Delhi which, he said, would assist citizens in setting up sting operations to catch the corrupt.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Watch: Reports on final deal of M-777 tanks between India and America
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video
- Gujarat man who disclosed Rs 14,000 crore unaccounted wealth goes missing
- RBI to issue new Rs 20, Rs 50 notes; old notes to remain legal tender
- Rahul Dravid heaps praise on Virat Kohli, R Ashwin; calls duo modern cricket legends