Cong`s jibe at Team Anna`s political plan; nothing wrong: BJP
New Delhi: As Team Anna`s plan to form a political alternative on Thursday created a buzz, the government and Congress took a jibe at them saying their "real intention" has come out in the open while BJP said the civil society group has every right to form a political party.
"We have always said that these people seemed inspired by politics. It is good that whatever the intention was has come out clear. Many of the stances they took seem to suggest this. I am glad that they have gone ahead," Information and Broadcasting Minister Ambika Soni told reporters here.
"Now they will realise, how much work you have to do in politics and what are the difficulties and compulsions," she added.
However, Soni also maintained that it was everyone`s right to enter public life and Team Anna should go ahead and contest elections if they wanted to change the system.
Congress General Secretary Digvijay Singh, a bitter critic of Team Anna, said his opinion about their "real intentions" has now been confirmed.
"Just as I always said, Team Anna`s political ambitions are out in open! People should see for themselves the reality behind this `MOVEMENT`!" Singh said on his Twitter handle.
BJP said the civil society group has every right to form a political party and nobody has the authority to prevent anybody from contesting elections.
Dismissing suggestions that Team Anna may pose a threat
to the prospects of BJP if it emerges as a political alternative, the party spokesman Shanawaz Hussain pointed out that when BJP`s predecessor, Jan Sangh, was formed in 1952 there was one-party dominance of Congress and yet BJP has emerged as a formidable opponent.
"There are more than 60 politcal parties and seven national parties in India. Everybody has a right to form a party and to contest the elections. Nobody has the authority to prevent anybody from entering the fray," he said.
Asked if BJP would support Team Anna if it enters politics, Hussain said "we will join forces with whoever raises his voice against corruption."
In an apparent attempt to blame UPA for today`s declaration by Team Anna, BJP said had the Lokpal Bill been passed in December, things would not have come to such a pass.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- DNA: Know why Jayalalithaa was buried and not cremated
- 800 tourists stranded in Andamans due to heavy rains, Navy launches rescue operation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- How has life changed since govt's demonetisation move?
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Pakistan International Airlines plane from Chitral to Islamabad crashes near Havelian, 48 people dead
- Gali Janardhana Reddy converted Rs 100 crore black money by paying 20% commission, claims driver's suicide note
- Was Rahul Gandhi smiling during Jayalalithaa's funeral? Twitter users share pictures as proof