Conscience will not forgive us: PM on Pune techie killing
New Delhi: Prime Minister Narendra Modi on Wednesday expressed pain at he killing of a techie in Pune by a mob over a social media post, saying "conscience will not forgive us".
His remarks in the Lok Sabha came against the backdrop of the murder of Mohsin Shaikh in Pune on June 2 allegedly by a mob following an objectionable Facebook post allegedly denigrating Maratha warrior-king Shivaji and Shiv Sena founder late Bal Thackeray.
Referring to recent rape incidents in Uttar Pradesh, the killing of Shaikh and death of several students in Beas river in Manali, he said "whatever has happened is painful. Our conscience will not forgive us".
He was replying to a debate on the motion of thanks to the President`s address to the joint sitting of parliament.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Azam Khan demands ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- Sunil Grover to return as Dr Mashoor Gulati!
- No ban on cow slaughter in three Northeast states if party comes to power next year: BJP
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply
- Those ready to work 20 hours daily are welcome, rest can leave - UP CM Yogi Adityanath's message to govt officials