Conscience will not forgive us: PM on Pune techie killing
New Delhi: Prime Minister Narendra Modi on Wednesday expressed pain at he killing of a techie in Pune by a mob over a social media post, saying "conscience will not forgive us".
His remarks in the Lok Sabha came against the backdrop of the murder of Mohsin Shaikh in Pune on June 2 allegedly by a mob following an objectionable Facebook post allegedly denigrating Maratha warrior-king Shivaji and Shiv Sena founder late Bal Thackeray.
Referring to recent rape incidents in Uttar Pradesh, the killing of Shaikh and death of several students in Beas river in Manali, he said "whatever has happened is painful. Our conscience will not forgive us".
He was replying to a debate on the motion of thanks to the President`s address to the joint sitting of parliament.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Is it time for India to respond militarily to Pak terror instead of peace talks?
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’