Conscience will not forgive us: PM on Pune techie killing
New Delhi: Prime Minister Narendra Modi on Wednesday expressed pain at he killing of a techie in Pune by a mob over a social media post, saying "conscience will not forgive us".
His remarks in the Lok Sabha came against the backdrop of the murder of Mohsin Shaikh in Pune on June 2 allegedly by a mob following an objectionable Facebook post allegedly denigrating Maratha warrior-king Shivaji and Shiv Sena founder late Bal Thackeray.
Referring to recent rape incidents in Uttar Pradesh, the killing of Shaikh and death of several students in Beas river in Manali, he said "whatever has happened is painful. Our conscience will not forgive us".
He was replying to a debate on the motion of thanks to the President`s address to the joint sitting of parliament.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Kim Jong-Un issues bizarre diktat, asks North Korean men to copy his hairstyle, women to follow his wife
- Muslim man sends 'talaq' SMS to wife after learning about her gang-rape
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's speech in Parliament on Constitution debate
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists: Farooq Abdullah
- Woman cop transferred within 24 hours of spat with Haryana minister Anil Vij