`Consider plea for CBI probe against Team Anna`
New Delhi: The Delhi High Court Wednesday directed the central government to consider within three months a plea seeking a CBI probe against Team Anna members for allegedly receiving funds illegally from foreign organisations.
The division bench of Acting Chief Justice A.K. Sikri and Justice Rajiv Sahai Endlaw asked Additional Solicitor General A.S. Chandhiok to treat the petition, filed by advocate Manohar Lal Sharma, as a representation and dispose it in three months after giving a hearing to him.
The petition alleged that Team Anna members received foreign funds for their agitation on Lokpal Bill in violation of the Foreign Contribution (Regulation) Act (FCRA).
The court also directed petitioner Sharma to submit a copy of his petition to the home ministry.
Sharma in his petition said that the FCRA mandated NGO members to seek permission from the central government in order to receive any fund from a foreign company or organisation.
The petitioner presented a list of foreign companies and organisations which allegedly provided funds to Team Anna for the anti-graft agitation.
Seeking prosecution of the members of Team Anna, the petition said: "The court be pleased to declare the foreign-sponsored agitation as illegal, unconstitutional...."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi addressing rally in Imphal
- Will Shiv Sena join hands with Congress to stop BJP from entering BMC?
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- Delhi: Three-year-old twins die after falling into washing machine in Rohini
- BSF catches cow slaughter gang near India-Bangladesh border in Malda
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'
- India vs Australia, 1st Test, Day 3: As it happened...