`Consider plea for CBI probe against Team Anna`
New Delhi: The Delhi High Court Wednesday directed the central government to consider within three months a plea seeking a CBI probe against Team Anna members for allegedly receiving funds illegally from foreign organisations.
The division bench of Acting Chief Justice A.K. Sikri and Justice Rajiv Sahai Endlaw asked Additional Solicitor General A.S. Chandhiok to treat the petition, filed by advocate Manohar Lal Sharma, as a representation and dispose it in three months after giving a hearing to him.
The petition alleged that Team Anna members received foreign funds for their agitation on Lokpal Bill in violation of the Foreign Contribution (Regulation) Act (FCRA).
The court also directed petitioner Sharma to submit a copy of his petition to the home ministry.
Sharma in his petition said that the FCRA mandated NGO members to seek permission from the central government in order to receive any fund from a foreign company or organisation.
The petitioner presented a list of foreign companies and organisations which allegedly provided funds to Team Anna for the anti-graft agitation.
Seeking prosecution of the members of Team Anna, the petition said: "The court be pleased to declare the foreign-sponsored agitation as illegal, unconstitutional...."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Vyapam Scam: Mystery over journalist Akshay Singh's death continues
- Jhansi police launches ‘Citizen Cop’ android app
- Panel discussion on RSS's 'Muslim Rashtriya Manch' first Iftaar party
- Kailash Vijayvargiya on Akshay Singh's death: Is a journalist bigger than me?
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- Chile stun Argentina to win first Copa America crown