Conspiracy to give elections communal colour: Rajnath on sting
Lucknow: Referring to a sting operation on the demolition of Babri Mosque, Bhartiya Janta Party national president Rajnath Singh on Saturday alleged anti-BJP parties were conspiring to give elections a communal colour.
"At a time when several agencies had already probed into the demolition of the disputed structure at Ayodhya and the matter is sub judice, it seems there is a consipiracy to give communal colour to a healthy democratic system," he said.
Talking to reporters after filing his nomination for Lucknow seat, Singh asked, "Was it necessary to show the sting immediately before the elections?"
Singh alleged that worried with "increasing popularity" of BJP and its prime ministerial candidate Narendra Modi, the opposition parties wanted to give the elections a communal colour which was clear from the timing of highliting the sting operation.
On being asked wheather BJP would lodge a complaint with the Election Commission, Singh expressed confidence that the EC would take suo moto cognisance of the development.
Earlier, before leaving for filing his nomination, the BJP president while addressing party workers said, "Atal and Advani were the two personlities who made BJP the biggest party of the country."
Singh advised them to maintain patience and act in a dignified manner.
"I am saying this very humbly that maintain patience, respect, dignity, that you all are Rajnath Singh......Without giving any consideration on the caste, creed or religion reach out to each and every house to get support of the masses."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- Reliance Jio effect: Airtel offers free unlimited local and STD calls with 4G data at Rs 145
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video