Construction of Ram Mandir in Ayodhya is non-negotiable: Murli Manohar Joshi
New Delhi: Even as the Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) decided to make a participatory manifesto for 2014 general elections after taking suggestions from all party stakeholders, senior leader Murli Manohar Joshi on Friday said construction of Ram Mandir in Ayodhya is “non-negotiable.”
Joshi, who is the chairman of manifesto committee, said the party remains committed to the construction of a grand Ram Mandir at the birth place of Lord Rama in Ayodhya. “The issue of construction of Ram temple is non-negotiable, and the party sticks to its stand and there will be no changes in it,” he said.
He added issues like protection of Ram Setu, cleaning of river Ganga, protecting the cow, abolition of Article 370 of the Constitution and uniform civil code are still part of the BJP’s agenda.
“There are no changes in our stand from what we promised in the previous manifesto,” he said.
In the previous general elections, the BJP had promised that if it comes to power at the Centre then, along with the construction of Ram temple, it will not allow anybody to touch the revered Ram Setu. Cleaning of river Ganga and other major rivers will be a priority. Cow protection will be pursued relentlessly.
BJP spokesperson Shahnawaz Hussain said that there is no question of the party changing its stand on the issue of Article 370 and uniform civil code.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 11-year old Odisha boy to get football training at Bayern Munich in Germany
- China warns India against deploying BrahMos cruise missile in Arunachal Pradesh
- One killed in TV channel office attack in Karachi
- Gujarat: Journalist working for local daily found dead in his Junagadh office
- Watch: How floods throw normal life out of gear across country
- Absconding rape accused AISA leader Anmol Ratan to apply for anticipatory bail
- Silly to have advertised my Chevalier award: Kamal Haasan
- Chikungunya outbreak in Delhi: Symptoms, tips to stay safe!
- Hal Shashti Vrat 2016: What is the significance of Balaram Jayanti!
- Good news for Vaishno Devi pilgrims! Shrine Board to announce new route soon - Know details