Construction of Renuka Dam project reaches take off stage
Shimla: Decks have been cleared for
construction of Rs 3000 crore Renuka dam project in Sirmaur
district of Himachal Pradesh, which will supply water to
Delhi, and the work on the project would commence soon.
The project also known as "Lord Parasharam Sagar
project" envisaged construction of storage on river Giri with
storage capacity of 542 million cubic meters of water for
supplying 23 cubic meters of water to National capital daily
and installation of power house with 40 MW capacity.
"Renuja Dam which will take at least five years to
complete has received maximum number of clearances and
promised to lessen the water and power shortage in several
Delhi Government which had decided to release Rs 300
crore to let the work on the project commence, was fully
convinced of its viability after a presentation was made by
Himachal pradesh Power Corporation (HPPC),entrusted with
execution of the project, to chief secretary of Delhi Rakesh
Mehta, Chief Executive officer of central Jal board and other
officers who visited the site last week and held discussion
with the HPPC officers.
Managing Director of HPPC, Tarun Kapoor said today
the government was keen on early execution of the project and
accorded priority to it.
Kapoor said that the families likely to be displaced
by this project would not only get due compensation but fully
rehabilitated for which five per cent of project cost has been
He said 49 hectares of wild life sanctuary area
falling in the project would be fully taken care of as
guidelines of the Supreme Court.
Kapoor said the entire cost of the project would be
borne by the Delhi government which has already Rs 200 crore.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Is it time for India to respond militarily to Pak terror instead of peace talks?
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’