Consultation begins on ILO convention on right to organise
New Delhi: A series of consultation on ratifying a key ILO convention concerning workers` rights to organise and collectively bargain has been initiated to evolve a consensus on the issue, sources in the Labour and Employment Ministry said.
The consultation is in regard to ratification of ILO Conventions No 98 concerning `Protection of the right to organise and collective bargaining`.
Ratification of ILO convention 98 seeks to ensure that all categories of workers in India are entitled to the freedom of association and collective bargaining rights, something which is being opposed from a section in the industry as well as from within the government.
The sources said deliberations are on to evolve a consensus on the issue as ratification would lead to enactment of laws which would be in conformity with the principles contained in the conventions.
At present, about 160 member states of the ILO have ratified the convention.
Recently, Labour Minister Mallikarjun Kharge had also pointed to the deliberation that was being initiated for ratification of the convention.
He also said that his Ministry has begun talks on ratifying ILO Convention No 155 concerning occupational safety and health.
The Minister`s announcement came in wake of government approving amendment to the Child Labour Act to align it with ILO Convention No 138 concerning minimum age and No 182 concerning worst forms of labour.
The amendment had put a complete ban on employment of children up to the age of 14 both in hazardous and non-hazardous work.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- IAF Mirage fighter plane lands on Yamuna Expressway!
- 'Maggi' under regulatory scanner for excess amount of lead, MSG
- Watch: Michelle Obama's 'Gimme Five' fitness video
- When Subramanian Swamy shocked people at a wedding!
- Mumbaikars join hands to save Pakistani teen with rare illness
- DNA: Analysis of Hurriyat chief Syed Geelani's passport issue
- DNA: Analysis of traffic system of Vancouver, Canada
- Mumbai: Diamond export company denies job to Muslim youth
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 21, 2015
- Mirage 2000 fighter jet landing was part of capability demonstration: IAF
- DNA: IAF Mirage 2000 fighter plane lands successfully on Yamuna expressway
- DNA: Osama documents show 'Indian brother in Madinah' financed al Qaeda
- PM Modi's key campaign team member may join Nitish Kumar
- Woman robbed at gunpoint inside Hyderabad ATM
- Watch: Top 25 Headlines @10 am
- RBSE (rajresults.nic.in) Class 12th science and commerce results 2015: Rajasthan Board Class 12th XII exam results 2015 expected to be announced on May 21
- RBSE (rajresults.nic.in) Class 12th science and commerce results 2015: Rajasthan Board Class 12th XII exam results 2015 to be announced today at 4 PM
- JAC 12th Inter Arts Result 2015: JAC 12th Inter Arts Result 2015 (jharkhandeducation.net) likely to be announced on Thursday May 21 at 1 PM
- CBSE Class 10 Results 2015 to be announced today?
- IAF jet lands on Yamuna expressway
- Check Jharkhand Board jac.nic.in: Class 12th Art Results 2015 declared
- Log on to apeamcet.org AP EAMCET Results 2015: Andhra Pradesh EAMCET Marks and AP EAMCET Ranks 2015 declared
- Andhra Pradesh EAMCET results 2015: Andhra Pradesh EAMCET results to be announced on May 21 at www.apeamcet.org
- Fawad Khan doesn’t want intimate scenes with Sonam Kapoor?
- We hire only non-Muslim candidates, diamond export firm tells Muslim youth
- DHSE (dhsekerala.gov.in) 12th Result 2015: Kerala DHSE Class 12th XII exam results 2015 to be announced on May 21
- Is MSG in 'Maggi' noodles harmful for you?
- SSLC (tnresults.nic.in) Tenth 10th Results 2015: Tamil Nadu Board Class 10th X Higher Secondary exam results 2015 to be declared on May 21
- Mumbai firm booked for denying Muslim MBA graduate job on religious grounds, probe ordered
- 'IAS officer DK Ravi possibly committed suicide, suffered big loss in real estate business'