Contribution of women a must for development of country: Rahul
CSM Nagar (Amethi): Congress General
Secretary Rahul Gandhi on Saturday exhorted women to come out of
their houses and register their participation in each and
every sector to become self-reliant and a partner in the
"For the development of the country and the society it
is necessary that they should come out of their houses and
register their participation in each and every sector," said
The Congress leader, who is on a two-day visit to his
parliamentary constituency Amethi, held meetings with the
members of self-help groups under Rajiv Gandhi Women
He said that efforts made by the project in the last
few years have shown good results and there has been
willingness among women to become self-reliant.
"Unless and until women come forward a strong line of
development could not be drawn," said Gandhi.
Rahul said that women associated with cottage industry
have achieved economic success.
When the women raised the problem of electricity, the
Congress leader said that problems were being faced as the
party was not having a government in the state.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi Police arrests AAP MLA in the middle of press conference
- Pak grants 91-year-old Indian's last wish - a trip to his ‘ancestral home’
- Bihar: Acid attack on girl in Aurangabad district, victim critical
- MP: Dalit families migrating from village due to hooligans
- Is there any political clash between Akhilesh Yadav and Shivpal Yadav?
- Colombia to get UN peace monitors, possible referendum
- Brexit: Here are answers to 5 key questions on what will happen next in Britain's relations with European Union
- Three federal police officials killed in Mexico
- Eight killed, seven injured after jeep falls into deep gorge in Uttarakhand's Tehri Garhwal
- Masked men raise Pakistan, ISIS flags in Kashmir; stones pelted at policemen