Conversions should be stopped immediately, says VHP`s Ashok Singhal
Bhopal: Vishwa Hindu Parishad convenor Ashok Singhal said here on Saturday that unless conversions were stopped immediately, the day would not be far off when Hindus would be reduced to a minority in this country.
Addressing a press conference, he said it has become "imperative" for each Hindu couple to have five children each.
The VHP convenor heaped praise on BJP`s Prime Ministerial nominee Narendra Modi and attacked Congress President Sonia Gandhi over a number of things.
Singhal said the VHP has nothing to do with the BJP but maintained that it would certainly support Modi in the next Lok Sabha elections.
He said the government, which would be formed under the Prime Ministership of Modi, would not come under pressure from any quarter including the US.
The VHP convenor had last night met RSS chief Mohan Bhagwat for over an hour here.
Bhagwat is in a four-day visit to the city.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- 800 tourists stranded in Andamans due to heavy rains, Navy launches rescue operation
- Cashless transactions increased rapidly following note ban
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Pakistan International Airlines plane from Chitral to Islamabad crashes near Havelian, 48 people dead
- Gali Janardhana Reddy converted Rs 100 crore black money by paying 20% commission, claims driver's suicide note
- Was Rahul Gandhi smiling during Jayalalithaa's funeral? Twitter users share pictures as proof