Cop killed, 8 injured in group clash
Ludhiana: A policeman on leave was killed
after being caught in a cross-fire between two groups of
people, allegedly belonging to a party, during a campaign for
the elections to the cooperative society at Ckowki Maan
village in the district.
The incident that occurred last night has also left eight
other persons injured, SSP Ludhiana (Rural) H S Chahal said
adding the deceased was identified as head constable Harvinder
Singh `Gora `.
He was on leave in connection with the admission of his
son to a school when he was caught up in the cross firing, the
All the accused have been arrested and weapons recovered.
The warring groups are allegedly belonging to two
different factions of ruling SAD.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Iraqi army inches close to Baghdadi in Mosul- Report
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- LIVE: Jayalalithaa's condition critical after suffering cardiac arrest, huge crowd gathers outside Apollo hospital
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video
- Gujarat man who disclosed Rs 14,000 crore unaccounted wealth goes missing
- RBI to issue new Rs 20, Rs 50 notes; old notes to remain legal tender