Cop killed, 8 injured in group clash
Ludhiana: A policeman on leave was killed
after being caught in a cross-fire between two groups of
people, allegedly belonging to a party, during a campaign for
the elections to the cooperative society at Ckowki Maan
village in the district.
The incident that occurred last night has also left eight
other persons injured, SSP Ludhiana (Rural) H S Chahal said
adding the deceased was identified as head constable Harvinder
Singh `Gora `.
He was on leave in connection with the admission of his
son to a school when he was caught up in the cross firing, the
All the accused have been arrested and weapons recovered.
The warring groups are allegedly belonging to two
different factions of ruling SAD.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena's diary reveals disturbed relationship with parents: DNA reports
- Sheena case: Indrani quizzed jointly with Peter, denies killing daughter
- PM Modi's Buddha mantra for peace at Global Hindu Buddhist Conclave
- Govt extended last date for e-filing of I-T return to Sept 7
- DNA: Bharat Bandh hits normal life; Bengal, Kerala among most affected
- Sheena Bora murder saga: 12 questions that police asked Peter Mukerjea during 12-hour grilling?
- Sunny Leone steamy condom ad (uncensored): Watch why this video is making news
- Indrani Mukerjea confesses to her role in Sheena Bora murder case
- 'Insulted' Samajwadi Party walks out of 'Janata Parivar', to contest Bihar polls alone
- BJP-RSS review meet, Day 2: NDA's education policy, Patel quota stir on agenda