Cop suicide: Missed calls in mobile before death
Mumbai: As mystery shrouds the reason for the suicide of a senior police officer, a number of missed calls have been found on his mobile phone, hours before he ended his life at his office in Dahisar, police said on Tuesday.
Police are also probing different angles, including if he was having any extra-marital affair, to ascertain the reason for his extreme step.
"Hours before his suicide, he received a few calls but he did not attend them. The mobile phone displayed a few missed calls," said a senior police officer.
Seven months before his retirement, Assistant Commissioner of Police Baburao Gaikwad of Dahisar division shot himself on his head with 9mm revolver at his office in the premises of Dahisar police station yesterday, police said.
"A woman with whom he was said to have had extra-marital relationship was also called for questioning. We are verifying if he really had any affair with the woman and she was the one who drove the officer to end his life" the officer added.
The 57-year-old officer returned to his office after attending a meeting at Azad Maidan Police club in south Mumbai and pumped one bullet in his head after locking the door from inside, police said.
According to police, after entering in his cabin, the 1981-batch of the Maharashtra Police Service officer changed his clothes and asked his orderly for his service revolver.
The police officer, who hailed from Jalkot village in Latur district and lived in suburban Borivali, is survived by his wife and three children, police said adding he was to
retire after seven months.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- Note ban: One month on, long queues continue at banks, ATMs
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video
- Virat Kohli makes fun of Alastair Cook after England exhaust both DRS wrongly, watch video