Core group reviews security scenario in Valley
Srinagar: The core group of various security agencies on Saturday reviewed the security scenario in Kashmir Valley and chalked out strategy in maintaining peace during the summer season.
The meeting, co-chaired by the security advisor to the government and General Officer Commanding of Srinagar-based Chinar Corps, Lt Gen Om Prakash and the Director General of State Police Ashok Prasad, was held at Badamibagh Cantonment and was attended by senior officers of Army, Police, CRPF, BSF, intelligence agencies and civil administration, a defence spokesman said.
Steps needed by security agencies to ensure peace and harmony through the summer of 2013 were discussed at the meeting, he said.
The meeting also assumed significance in view of the recent spurt in militant activities, specially the twin strikes on police personnel during the past fortnight, which left five cops including an assistant sub-inspector (ASI) dead.
While four policemen were killed in a militant attack in Haigam village of north Kashmir on April 27, the ASI was killed in an attack in Pulwama district of south Kashmir, on Friday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- RJD strongman Shahabuddin brought to Delhi
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- UP elections in third phase; voting on 69 seats of 12 districts
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating on 'record' Puma deal
- Virat Kohli becomes first Indian sportsperson to sign Rs 100-crore endorsement deal
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!