Core group reviews security scenario in Valley
Srinagar: The core group of various security agencies on Saturday reviewed the security scenario in Kashmir Valley and chalked out strategy in maintaining peace during the summer season.
The meeting, co-chaired by the security advisor to the government and General Officer Commanding of Srinagar-based Chinar Corps, Lt Gen Om Prakash and the Director General of State Police Ashok Prasad, was held at Badamibagh Cantonment and was attended by senior officers of Army, Police, CRPF, BSF, intelligence agencies and civil administration, a defence spokesman said.
Steps needed by security agencies to ensure peace and harmony through the summer of 2013 were discussed at the meeting, he said.
The meeting also assumed significance in view of the recent spurt in militant activities, specially the twin strikes on police personnel during the past fortnight, which left five cops including an assistant sub-inspector (ASI) dead.
While four policemen were killed in a militant attack in Haigam village of north Kashmir on April 27, the ASI was killed in an attack in Pulwama district of south Kashmir, on Friday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shocking update in Sheena Bora case: Indrani Mukerjea was sexually molested by her father?
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- A peek into Indrani Mukerjea's past
- Sheena Bora murder case: When Indrani Mukerjea broke down during questioning
- Ravi Shastri reveals truth behind MS Dhoni's sudden Test retirement!