Correctly quoted Mehbooba on Modi: Sushma Swaraj
New Delhi: Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) leader Sushma Swaraj tweeted on Tuesday that she has "correctly quoted" People`s Democratic Party (PDP) leader Mehbooba Mufti as praising Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi, which the Kashmiri politician has denied.
"I correctly quoted Mehbooba Mufti in Ahmedabad yesterday," Sushma Swaraj tweeted after Mufti`s stout denial.
"I only quoted what she spoke in the presence of over a hundred people in the afternoon session of the NIC (National Integration Council) meeting on 10th September," she said.
"It was not a private conversation."
Sushma Swaraj said in Ahmedabad Monday: "Not just the BJP supporters, even rivals like the PDP`s Mehbooba Mufti have praised Modi`s work ethics at the recent National Integration Council (NIC) meeting. This makes us proud."
Mufti denied it, saying: "I have been misquoted saying I praised Modi. I request the government of India to release the text of my speech so that the record is set straight."
Mufti and Jammu and Kashmir Chief Minister Omar Abdullah are engaged in a slug-fest since Swaraj in Ahmedabad revealed Mufti`s praise for Modi.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena's diary reveals disturbed relationship with parents: DNA reports
- PM Modi's Buddha mantra for peace at Global Hindu Buddhist Conclave
- Govt extended last date for e-filing of I-T return to Sept 7
- DNA: Bharat Bandh hits normal life; Bengal, Kerala among most affected
- Do condom ads encourage rape?
- Sheena Bora murder saga: 12 questions that police asked Peter Mukerjea during 12-hour grilling?
- Sunny Leone steamy condom ad (uncensored): Watch why this video is making news
- Indrani Mukerjea confesses to her role in Sheena Bora murder case
- 'Insulted' Samajwadi Party walks out of 'Janata Parivar', to contest Bihar polls alone
- BJP-RSS review meet, Day 2: NDA's education policy, Patel quota stir on agenda