Correctly quoted Mehbooba on Modi: Sushma Swaraj
New Delhi: Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) leader Sushma Swaraj tweeted on Tuesday that she has "correctly quoted" People`s Democratic Party (PDP) leader Mehbooba Mufti as praising Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi, which the Kashmiri politician has denied.
"I correctly quoted Mehbooba Mufti in Ahmedabad yesterday," Sushma Swaraj tweeted after Mufti`s stout denial.
"I only quoted what she spoke in the presence of over a hundred people in the afternoon session of the NIC (National Integration Council) meeting on 10th September," she said.
"It was not a private conversation."
Sushma Swaraj said in Ahmedabad Monday: "Not just the BJP supporters, even rivals like the PDP`s Mehbooba Mufti have praised Modi`s work ethics at the recent National Integration Council (NIC) meeting. This makes us proud."
Mufti denied it, saying: "I have been misquoted saying I praised Modi. I request the government of India to release the text of my speech so that the record is set straight."
Mufti and Jammu and Kashmir Chief Minister Omar Abdullah are engaged in a slug-fest since Swaraj in Ahmedabad revealed Mufti`s praise for Modi.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- India-Afghanistan thrash Pakistan over terrorism issue in Heart of Asia conference
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition extremely grave
- Gujarat: Goods train engine catches fire in Surat
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- People want to know whether Jayalalithaa is alive or not; PM Narendra Modi must intervene, says expelled AIADMK MP Sasikala Pushpa
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition continues to remain critical after suffering cardiac arrest
- Jayalalithaa's health condition: Amma critical, nation's political fraternity expresses concern - Who said what