Correctly quoted Mehbooba on Modi: Sushma Swaraj
New Delhi: Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) leader Sushma Swaraj tweeted on Tuesday that she has "correctly quoted" People`s Democratic Party (PDP) leader Mehbooba Mufti as praising Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi, which the Kashmiri politician has denied.
"I correctly quoted Mehbooba Mufti in Ahmedabad yesterday," Sushma Swaraj tweeted after Mufti`s stout denial.
"I only quoted what she spoke in the presence of over a hundred people in the afternoon session of the NIC (National Integration Council) meeting on 10th September," she said.
"It was not a private conversation."
Sushma Swaraj said in Ahmedabad Monday: "Not just the BJP supporters, even rivals like the PDP`s Mehbooba Mufti have praised Modi`s work ethics at the recent National Integration Council (NIC) meeting. This makes us proud."
Mufti denied it, saying: "I have been misquoted saying I praised Modi. I request the government of India to release the text of my speech so that the record is set straight."
Mufti and Jammu and Kashmir Chief Minister Omar Abdullah are engaged in a slug-fest since Swaraj in Ahmedabad revealed Mufti`s praise for Modi.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath reviews Gomti riverfront work
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath warns supporters of criminals, mafia
- Legal, illegal slaughterhouses in UP: What you need to know
- Triple talaq, polygamy integral part of Islam: AIMPLB tells SC
- Azam Khan demands ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Sunil Grover to return as Dr Mashoor Gulati!
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply
- No ban on cow slaughter in three Northeast states if party comes to power next year: BJP