Corrupt people inducted into Cabinet: Samajwadi Party
Bareilly: Samajwadi Party on Sunday said those facing corruption charges have been inducted into the Union Council of Ministers.
"The UPA government stands exposed after the expansion," SP general secretary Ram Gopal Yadav said while reacting to the ministerial rejig at the Centre.
Speaking to reporters here, Yadav said those involved in illegal activities and corrupt practices had no place in the party and strict action would be taken against such persons.
"Such people are being identified and disciplinary action has been initiated against them," he said.
About Arvind Kejriwal, Yadav said if he attacked SP, the party would give him a fitting reply.
SP spokesman Rajendra Chowdhury said in Lucknow that riots in the state were conspiracy of some parties to defame the Akhilesh Yadav government, which is working on development agenda and corruption-free system.
"Akhilesh has got poor law and order from previous government but is working hard to improve the situation. The riots are an attempt to malign the government`s image and opposition parties could not digest development agenda of SP," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 24 dead after boat carrying 40 capsizes in river Ganga in Patna; many still missing
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: What characteristics define a true leader?
- Tourists flock to Manali as snowfall takes a short break
- Abhishek Bachchan reveals the moment when Aishwarya Rai said 'yes' to him
- India vs England, 1st ODI: As it happened...
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre