Corrupt politicians control India`s destiny: Team Anna
New Delhi: Erstwhile Team Anna on Wednesday alleged that the country`s destiny was controlled by a few "corrupt" politicians and corporates and it requires right leadership to take on the challenges posed by them.
Activists Arvind Kejriwal and Kiran Bedi took to micro-blogging site Twitter to comment on Prime Minister Manmohan Singh`s address to the nation on the occasion of Independence Day.
"Today our destinies are controlled by few corrupt politicians, officials and corporates... Hope someday we would have true democracy," Kejriwal said.
He hoped that there would be much more in laws for those who have much less in life and people would directly make laws rather than just elect some people once in five years.
"Hope someday, we would get true independence when people would control their own destiny, when politics would be a means to serve rather than make money," he said.
Commenting on Singh`s speech, Bedi said, "The Prime Minister says we have passed Lokpal Bill etc. Does not say what kind of bill? One which weakens CBI further! Banks on people`s legal illiteracy."
She said what people need is a "measurement tool" of performance of the government from their Prime Minister in which a commoner becomes a stakeholder.
"PM`s speech indicates what may be done. Problem is in the how, the who and even the when (with eye on votes)? Huge Trust deficit!" she said.
None of the programmes and assurances are possible without integrity and administrative willingness. How does that happen is the key challenge, she said, adding country has two key challenges before it. "Political corruption and bureaucratic insensitivity. Both require right leadership for change," she added.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Helicopter ferrying 6 pilgrims, woman pilot crashes near Katra
- Growing sense of despondency in India from last 6-8 months: Aamir Khan
- 8th Ramnath Goenka Awards: Sudhir Chaudhary awarded for Excellence in Journalism
- Tejashwi Yadav takes charge as Deputy CM of Bihar
- Arvind Kejriwal clarifies his friendly gesture with Lalu Prasad Yadav
- Know how much sex is enough for happiness
- Swaragini: Ragini gets caught in her own trap; Swara slaps her
- Rahul's mails nail Peter Mukerjea's involvement in Sheena Bora murder case?
- Shah Rukh Khan tweets about new ‘Dilwale’ song
- Lesson for jihadi aspirants? ISIS says Indians not good enough as 6 out of 23 fighters from India are killed