Corrupt politicians control India`s destiny: Team Anna
New Delhi: Erstwhile Team Anna on Wednesday alleged that the country`s destiny was controlled by a few "corrupt" politicians and corporates and it requires right leadership to take on the challenges posed by them.
Activists Arvind Kejriwal and Kiran Bedi took to micro-blogging site Twitter to comment on Prime Minister Manmohan Singh`s address to the nation on the occasion of Independence Day.
"Today our destinies are controlled by few corrupt politicians, officials and corporates... Hope someday we would have true democracy," Kejriwal said.
He hoped that there would be much more in laws for those who have much less in life and people would directly make laws rather than just elect some people once in five years.
"Hope someday, we would get true independence when people would control their own destiny, when politics would be a means to serve rather than make money," he said.
Commenting on Singh`s speech, Bedi said, "The Prime Minister says we have passed Lokpal Bill etc. Does not say what kind of bill? One which weakens CBI further! Banks on people`s legal illiteracy."
She said what people need is a "measurement tool" of performance of the government from their Prime Minister in which a commoner becomes a stakeholder.
"PM`s speech indicates what may be done. Problem is in the how, the who and even the when (with eye on votes)? Huge Trust deficit!" she said.
None of the programmes and assurances are possible without integrity and administrative willingness. How does that happen is the key challenge, she said, adding country has two key challenges before it. "Political corruption and bureaucratic insensitivity. Both require right leadership for change," she added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why is Akhilesh Yadav encouraging dishonesty for votes?
- Is Akhilesh Yadav seeking votes based on development made by Modi govt?
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- UP polls: Polling for fifth phase of Assembly elections today
- UP polls: PM Modi addresses public rally in Mau
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- Gurmehar Kaur reacts to Virender Sehwag's tweet, says she is heart broken!
- WATCH: MS Dhoni rips apart bowlers to smash brilliant 129-run knock in Vijay Hazare Trophy
- Gurmehar Kaur controversy: Twitter turns into battleground after Virender Sehwag trolls Kargil martyr's daughter