Corruption a virus: Salman Khursheed
Patna: Union Law Minister Salman
Khursheed on Thursday dubbed corruption as `a virus` and said the
central government was willing to accord a constitutional
status to proposed Lokpal institution.
"Corruption has become virus in the present set
up ... it is a serious challenge... but the Centre wants to
accord constitutional status to the proposed Lokpal,"
"People of the country have seen the movement for
Lokpal in India ... we don`t want cheap popularity ... the
Sonia Gandhi led National Advisory Council has advocated for a
strong Lokpal," he said addressing a function on the occasion
of the birth anniverssry of former Bihar chief minister
Referring to AICC General Secretary Rahul Gandhi, he
said "our leader says it is not a small matter to give
constitutional right to Lokpal ... there are people who want
to mislead the nation ... but we are irrevocably committed to
making Lokpal a constitutional authority.
"At the same time, I will say that Lokpal alone will
not solve the issue of corruption ... even the judiciary has
been against corruption for long ... the government is aware
of it and taking steps."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Man beheads wife; roams on streets with severed head in Pune
- Greater Noida women blames UP police for stripping off their clothes
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- I believe this election will punish the old govts that spoiled Bihar, says PM Modi
- DNA: 50-lane traffic jam in China during national holiday
- Man beheads wife over suspicion of illicit relationship, walks on road with her head
- Why CBI is worried about Indian men’s lust for violent porn
- Bihar polls: Two surveys predict majority for Grand Alliance, one give edge to NDA
- What's happening in Noida! Now, a Dalit family resorts to nude protest
- Mother Teresa’s Missionaries of Charity orphanages to be derecognised?