Corruption a virus: Salman Khursheed
Patna: Union Law Minister Salman
Khursheed on Thursday dubbed corruption as `a virus` and said the
central government was willing to accord a constitutional
status to proposed Lokpal institution.
"Corruption has become virus in the present set
up ... it is a serious challenge... but the Centre wants to
accord constitutional status to the proposed Lokpal,"
"People of the country have seen the movement for
Lokpal in India ... we don`t want cheap popularity ... the
Sonia Gandhi led National Advisory Council has advocated for a
strong Lokpal," he said addressing a function on the occasion
of the birth anniverssry of former Bihar chief minister
Referring to AICC General Secretary Rahul Gandhi, he
said "our leader says it is not a small matter to give
constitutional right to Lokpal ... there are people who want
to mislead the nation ... but we are irrevocably committed to
making Lokpal a constitutional authority.
"At the same time, I will say that Lokpal alone will
not solve the issue of corruption ... even the judiciary has
been against corruption for long ... the government is aware
of it and taking steps."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Viral Video: Stranger forcefully kisses girl in public, no one comes to rescue - See reaction
- Gold price climbs by Rs 120 to Rs 30,770 per 10 grams
- Fans bamboozled! John Cena posts Virat Kohli's picture on official instagram account, no reason cited
- India receives $5.34 billion FDI in April-May
- Tom Hiddleston ''supporting'' Taylor Swift in her feud with Kimye Kardashian