Corruption a virus: Salman Khursheed
Patna: Union Law Minister Salman
Khursheed on Thursday dubbed corruption as `a virus` and said the
central government was willing to accord a constitutional
status to proposed Lokpal institution.
"Corruption has become virus in the present set
up ... it is a serious challenge... but the Centre wants to
accord constitutional status to the proposed Lokpal,"
"People of the country have seen the movement for
Lokpal in India ... we don`t want cheap popularity ... the
Sonia Gandhi led National Advisory Council has advocated for a
strong Lokpal," he said addressing a function on the occasion
of the birth anniverssry of former Bihar chief minister
Referring to AICC General Secretary Rahul Gandhi, he
said "our leader says it is not a small matter to give
constitutional right to Lokpal ... there are people who want
to mislead the nation ... but we are irrevocably committed to
making Lokpal a constitutional authority.
"At the same time, I will say that Lokpal alone will
not solve the issue of corruption ... even the judiciary has
been against corruption for long ... the government is aware
of it and taking steps."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop leadership quality in youths?
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop leadership quality in youths? - Part II
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop leadership quality in youths? - Part III
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop leadership quality in youths? - Part IV
- Will India's strategies change over issues with Pakistan?
- Flipkart effect: Startups may lose sheen in job market
- 'USD 100 for shaving beard: ISIS imposes new fines, taxes'
- WATCH: HILARIOUS! Is this the most unusual batting stance in world cricket?
- Iran says to miss hajj, Saudi `blocking path to Allah`
- Japan's Shinzo Abe may leave tax hike to next PM: Reports