Corruption is like computer virus: HP chief justice
Shimla: Himachal Pradesh High Court Chief Justice Kurian Joseph on Saturday said corruption is like a computer virus and there is a need for "coordination among investigating agencies to jointly wage a war against it".
"Corruption is like a computer virus which goes on to destruct our system," Joseph said at a two-day workshop that began here in which experts of the judiciary, prosecution, forensic science, state police and the Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) are participating.
He stressed on the need to have concerted efforts of the judiciary, police, prosecution and forensics to combat the menace of corruption.
"There is a need for improvement in vigilance setup in the judiciary to uphold expectations of the common man," he added.
Justice Deepak Gupta said: "Corruption is not limited to acceptance of monetary benefits. Failing to perform the duties without fear or favour or to take decisions to appease others is also a form of corruption."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Shiv Sena join hands with Congress to stop BJP from entering BMC?
- Why is Akhilesh Yadav encouraging dishonesty for votes?
- UP polls: Polling for fifth phase of Assembly elections today
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- China 'threatened' by ISRO's record-setting achievement?
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Gurmehar Kaur reacts to Virender Sehwag's tweet, says she is heart broken!
- Pune Test: Virender Sehwag could have saved India from embarrassment, says former Aussie stars