Corruption is like computer virus: HP chief justice
Shimla: Himachal Pradesh High Court Chief Justice Kurian Joseph on Saturday said corruption is like a computer virus and there is a need for "coordination among investigating agencies to jointly wage a war against it".
"Corruption is like a computer virus which goes on to destruct our system," Joseph said at a two-day workshop that began here in which experts of the judiciary, prosecution, forensic science, state police and the Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) are participating.
He stressed on the need to have concerted efforts of the judiciary, police, prosecution and forensics to combat the menace of corruption.
"There is a need for improvement in vigilance setup in the judiciary to uphold expectations of the common man," he added.
Justice Deepak Gupta said: "Corruption is not limited to acceptance of monetary benefits. Failing to perform the duties without fear or favour or to take decisions to appease others is also a form of corruption."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shocking: New ISIS video shows English-speaking boy beheading man
- Watch: Hafiz Saeed warns India of more terror attacks
- DNA: Army declares all soldiers in Siachen avalanche dead
- DNA: Indian Navy set to conduct International Fleet Review 2016
- Modi should not think of sending forces to fight ISIS: AIMIM chief Owaisi
- Will wipe out BJP and Congress from the country: Akbaruddin Owaisi
- Ahead of 'Kashmir Solidarity Day', Hafiz Saeed's JuD releases controversial video featuring Pakistani Army chief
- `Jawaharlal Nehru awarded the man who stole Subhas Chandra Bose's INA treasure`
- Ten Army soldiers missing in Siachen avalanche presumed dead; PM Modi 'salutes' martyrs
- Ravindra Jadeja: Indian all-rounder to get engaged today