Corruption is like computer virus: HP chief justice
Shimla: Himachal Pradesh High Court Chief Justice Kurian Joseph on Saturday said corruption is like a computer virus and there is a need for "coordination among investigating agencies to jointly wage a war against it".
"Corruption is like a computer virus which goes on to destruct our system," Joseph said at a two-day workshop that began here in which experts of the judiciary, prosecution, forensic science, state police and the Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) are participating.
He stressed on the need to have concerted efforts of the judiciary, police, prosecution and forensics to combat the menace of corruption.
"There is a need for improvement in vigilance setup in the judiciary to uphold expectations of the common man," he added.
Justice Deepak Gupta said: "Corruption is not limited to acceptance of monetary benefits. Failing to perform the duties without fear or favour or to take decisions to appease others is also a form of corruption."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Does govt want to hike rail ticket in the name of subsidy?
- Does govt want to hike rail ticket in the name of subsidy? Part II
- Does govt want to hike rail ticket in the name of subsidy? Part III
- Does govt want to hike rail ticket in the name of subsidy? Part IV
- Panel discussion over India's bid for NSG
- Manoj Bajpayee's 'Budhia Singh – Born to run' showcases the spirit of world's youngest marathon from Odisha – Watch
- Caught! Top model arrested in high-profile drug racket case — Know details
- Rs 40,000 crore Arunachal border road could be a liability, warns Indian Army
- Xiaomi Qicycle Electric Folding Bike: Features
- THIS Bollywood director has filed a defamation case against Kamaal R Khan! - Read more