Corruption, Lokpal to be key poll issues: Google survey
New Delhi: Corruption and Lokpal are likely to be the two decisive factors on which young people are going to vote in the Lok Sabha polls, search engine Google has said.
After a three-month survey, Google concluded that the Lok Sabha elections have evoked unprecedented interest among online users who want to know about the various issues influencing national politics.
"These elections are unique because for the first time, it`s a clash of personalities as much as it is about ideology and party affiliations. The battle lines are drawn primarily between Narendra Modi on the one hand and Rahul Gandhi on the other," the survey said.
"These elections are also unique because of the unprecedented interest that`s been generated online, the war for votes is being fought online as much as it`s being fought on the streets and in mainstream media."
The survey said the Adarsh Society scam followed by the coal scam and the 2G scam were among the highest number of online searches.
Other political developments driving search trend results include Rahul Gandhi`s recent TV interview, along with Aam Aadmi Party`s win in Delhi.
"Issues such as the 1984 anti-Sikh riots and the 2002 Gujarat riots are also matters that the people have taken interest to know," the survey said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- Basic ideals of Constitution are in danger: Sonia Gandhi
- PM Modi greets nation on occasion of first Constitution Day
- DNA: 7th anniversary of 26/11 attacks, Nation pays homage to martyrs
- Candid chat with 'Tamasha' stars Deekipa Padukone, Ranbir Kapoor
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Setback to Kejriwal-led AAP as MLA Akhilesh Tripathi arrested in riot case
- See pic: Genelia marks son's birthday!
- Bigg Boss, Day 46: Priya Malik urinates inside the car!
- READ: New twist in Karisma Kapoor, Sunjay Kapur divorce saga!