Corruption, Lokpal to be key poll issues: Google survey
New Delhi: Corruption and Lokpal are likely to be the two decisive factors on which young people are going to vote in the Lok Sabha polls, search engine Google has said.
After a three-month survey, Google concluded that the Lok Sabha elections have evoked unprecedented interest among online users who want to know about the various issues influencing national politics.
"These elections are unique because for the first time, it`s a clash of personalities as much as it is about ideology and party affiliations. The battle lines are drawn primarily between Narendra Modi on the one hand and Rahul Gandhi on the other," the survey said.
"These elections are also unique because of the unprecedented interest that`s been generated online, the war for votes is being fought online as much as it`s being fought on the streets and in mainstream media."
The survey said the Adarsh Society scam followed by the coal scam and the 2G scam were among the highest number of online searches.
Other political developments driving search trend results include Rahul Gandhi`s recent TV interview, along with Aam Aadmi Party`s win in Delhi.
"Issues such as the 1984 anti-Sikh riots and the 2002 Gujarat riots are also matters that the people have taken interest to know," the survey said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on how Pampore attack destabilized India's relation with Pakistan
- Panel discussion on how Pampore attack destabilized India's relation with Pakistan - Part II
- Panel discussion on how Pampore attack destabilized India's relation with Pakistan - Part III
- Hafiz Saeed warns of jihad to free Pak rivers from India
- Maysore Maharaja Yaduveer ties knot with princess Trishika of Dungarpur