Corruption, price rise will `sink` UPA: Rajnath
Bawana: BJP president Rajnath Singh on Sunday hit out at the government saying "increasing corruption" and price rise will "sink" the UPA and its continuance at the Centre was just a matter of days.
"The continuance of the Congress government at the Centre is just a matter of days. Increasing corruption and price rise will sink this government," Singh said addressing the party`s Grameen Akrosh Rally here.
Singh praised BJP state chief Vijay Goel, saying like former Delhi Chief Minister Sahib Singh Verma, Goel was a rural leader who would fulfil his promises.
"After late Doctor Sahib Singh, Vijay Goel in Delhi is one such leader having a rural background, who does and will do whatever he promises," the BJP president said.
He also criticised the Delhi government saying no significant development has taken place in the state ruled by Congress for last 14 years.
"No significant development happened (in Delhi) like what took place in BJP-ruled states Gujarat, Madhya Pradesh and Chhattisgarh. In these states, farmers get loan at zero per cent interest and the government provides them all kinds of help.
"People are at the receiving end with Congress ruling Delhi for last 14 years. The problems of villagers in Delhi will be solved only if the BJP comes to power," Singh said.
Goel, who also addressed the rally, said compensation to farmers whose land was acquired will be increased by three times and power tariff will be brought down by 30 per cent if the BJP comes to power in Delhi.
He also promised tubewell connections to farmers within one month and extension of the Lal Dora areas.
Accusing the Congress government of "completely ignoring" villagers, he also said it has done a "fraud" on the issue of irregularised colonies.
He said if BJP came to power, these colonies will be regularised in a way that people can mortgage their houses and can also get proper registration of their properties.
He vowed to fight for people, whose lands were acquired but not given alternate plots as promised.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Exclusive: Prakash Javadekar's views on issue of climate change before UN summit
- Kerala's Sunni religious leader calls gender equality ‘un-Islamic’
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader
- Intolerance issue: Aamir Khan's remarks 'innocent', says Rajkumar Hirani
- Arvind Kejriwal backs Tarun Gogoi's claim over Guv favouring BJP, suspects 'coop federalism'
- PM Modi leaves for Paris to take part in Climate Conference
- Muslims worldwide had celebrated after 9/11: Donald Trump