Corruption, price rise will `sink` UPA: Rajnath
Bawana: BJP president Rajnath Singh on Sunday hit out at the government saying "increasing corruption" and price rise will "sink" the UPA and its continuance at the Centre was just a matter of days.
"The continuance of the Congress government at the Centre is just a matter of days. Increasing corruption and price rise will sink this government," Singh said addressing the party`s Grameen Akrosh Rally here.
Singh praised BJP state chief Vijay Goel, saying like former Delhi Chief Minister Sahib Singh Verma, Goel was a rural leader who would fulfil his promises.
"After late Doctor Sahib Singh, Vijay Goel in Delhi is one such leader having a rural background, who does and will do whatever he promises," the BJP president said.
He also criticised the Delhi government saying no significant development has taken place in the state ruled by Congress for last 14 years.
"No significant development happened (in Delhi) like what took place in BJP-ruled states Gujarat, Madhya Pradesh and Chhattisgarh. In these states, farmers get loan at zero per cent interest and the government provides them all kinds of help.
"People are at the receiving end with Congress ruling Delhi for last 14 years. The problems of villagers in Delhi will be solved only if the BJP comes to power," Singh said.
Goel, who also addressed the rally, said compensation to farmers whose land was acquired will be increased by three times and power tariff will be brought down by 30 per cent if the BJP comes to power in Delhi.
He also promised tubewell connections to farmers within one month and extension of the Lal Dora areas.
Accusing the Congress government of "completely ignoring" villagers, he also said it has done a "fraud" on the issue of irregularised colonies.
He said if BJP came to power, these colonies will be regularised in a way that people can mortgage their houses and can also get proper registration of their properties.
He vowed to fight for people, whose lands were acquired but not given alternate plots as promised.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- Martyrs' Day: Nation remembers Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev and Rajguru for their sacrifice
- London terrorist attack leaves five dead, including police officer
- Do not put unnecessary pressure on police: PM Modi tells UP BJP MPs
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Unable to meet educational expenses, Muslim girl writes to PM Narendra Modi – Know what happened next
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why