Corruption, price rise will `sink` UPA: Rajnath
Bawana: BJP president Rajnath Singh on Sunday hit out at the government saying "increasing corruption" and price rise will "sink" the UPA and its continuance at the Centre was just a matter of days.
"The continuance of the Congress government at the Centre is just a matter of days. Increasing corruption and price rise will sink this government," Singh said addressing the party`s Grameen Akrosh Rally here.
Singh praised BJP state chief Vijay Goel, saying like former Delhi Chief Minister Sahib Singh Verma, Goel was a rural leader who would fulfil his promises.
"After late Doctor Sahib Singh, Vijay Goel in Delhi is one such leader having a rural background, who does and will do whatever he promises," the BJP president said.
He also criticised the Delhi government saying no significant development has taken place in the state ruled by Congress for last 14 years.
"No significant development happened (in Delhi) like what took place in BJP-ruled states Gujarat, Madhya Pradesh and Chhattisgarh. In these states, farmers get loan at zero per cent interest and the government provides them all kinds of help.
"People are at the receiving end with Congress ruling Delhi for last 14 years. The problems of villagers in Delhi will be solved only if the BJP comes to power," Singh said.
Goel, who also addressed the rally, said compensation to farmers whose land was acquired will be increased by three times and power tariff will be brought down by 30 per cent if the BJP comes to power in Delhi.
He also promised tubewell connections to farmers within one month and extension of the Lal Dora areas.
Accusing the Congress government of "completely ignoring" villagers, he also said it has done a "fraud" on the issue of irregularised colonies.
He said if BJP came to power, these colonies will be regularised in a way that people can mortgage their houses and can also get proper registration of their properties.
He vowed to fight for people, whose lands were acquired but not given alternate plots as promised.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: How Russian special forces Spetsnaz will end terror of ISIS
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Two J&K MLAs clash over beef party issue in Legislative Assembly
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- PM Modi breaks silence on Dadri lynching incident
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- FIR against Asaduddin Owaisi for posting objectionable picture of Yogi Adityanath on Facebook
- Bihar has to choose between 'jungle raj' and 'vikas Raj': Narendra Modi
- Shocking! Saudi employer chops off Indian maid's hands
- Salman Khan's songs: Best five!