Corruption was there before also: Cong on scams under UPA-II
New Delhi: Congress on Monday dismissed suggestions that scams and scandals have remained the `drawback` of UPA-II rule which completes four years tomorrow, marking nine years of the party-led coalition`s hold on power.
"I do not think so. Had no corruption taken place before nine years?", party spokesman Raj Babbar retorted when reporters asked whether the party considers scams in the UPA-II as a drawback.
He said that the Congress-led government gave the instrument of Right to Information in the hands of citizens by which anyone could expose wrongdoings by any high and mighty.
Replying to questions, he expressed confidence of UPA-III leading the next government. Downplaying the parting of ways by Trinamool Congress and the DMK, he said some people will come and some will go.
"Their mindset has come to the fore", he merely said when asked about Amit Shah, a close associate of Narendra Modi, being made in charge of Uttar Pradesh by the BJP which has also given responsibility of West Bengal to Varun Gandhi.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, 'sex sites' planted as following
- Lashkar-e-Toiba plotting 26/11-style attack in India with the help of Pak Navy, ISI?
- Radhe Maa approached to be a part of Bigg Boss 9?
- DNA: Analysis of decision to name Aurangzeb Road after Dr. Abdul Kalam - Part III
- What was Indrani Mukherjea's original plan to murder Sheena Bora?
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'
- Leaked! Tentative list of 'Bigg Boss 9' revealed and guess who's hosting?
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, sex sites planted as 'following'
- PM Modi releases digital version of Ramcharitmanas musical
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das