Corruption was there before also: Cong on scams under UPA-II
New Delhi: Congress on Monday dismissed suggestions that scams and scandals have remained the `drawback` of UPA-II rule which completes four years tomorrow, marking nine years of the party-led coalition`s hold on power.
"I do not think so. Had no corruption taken place before nine years?", party spokesman Raj Babbar retorted when reporters asked whether the party considers scams in the UPA-II as a drawback.
He said that the Congress-led government gave the instrument of Right to Information in the hands of citizens by which anyone could expose wrongdoings by any high and mighty.
Replying to questions, he expressed confidence of UPA-III leading the next government. Downplaying the parting of ways by Trinamool Congress and the DMK, he said some people will come and some will go.
"Their mindset has come to the fore", he merely said when asked about Amit Shah, a close associate of Narendra Modi, being made in charge of Uttar Pradesh by the BJP which has also given responsibility of West Bengal to Varun Gandhi.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: APJ Abdul Kalam's last journey, India bids a tearful adieu
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail
- DNA : Justice delivered; India hangs 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon
- 'People's President' APJ Abdul Kalam laid to rest in Rameswaram
- Panel discussion on 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's hanging
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail: As it happened
- Yakub Memon's body handed over to family, tight security in Mumbai
- Yakub Memon: The two men who lead police to 'House of Memons'
- What Yakub Memon did in minutes before being hanged
- Meeting called by Speaker fails to end Parliament logjam; government indicates all-party meet