Corruption was there before also: Cong on scams under UPA-II
New Delhi: Congress on Monday dismissed suggestions that scams and scandals have remained the `drawback` of UPA-II rule which completes four years tomorrow, marking nine years of the party-led coalition`s hold on power.
"I do not think so. Had no corruption taken place before nine years?", party spokesman Raj Babbar retorted when reporters asked whether the party considers scams in the UPA-II as a drawback.
He said that the Congress-led government gave the instrument of Right to Information in the hands of citizens by which anyone could expose wrongdoings by any high and mighty.
Replying to questions, he expressed confidence of UPA-III leading the next government. Downplaying the parting of ways by Trinamool Congress and the DMK, he said some people will come and some will go.
"Their mindset has come to the fore", he merely said when asked about Amit Shah, a close associate of Narendra Modi, being made in charge of Uttar Pradesh by the BJP which has also given responsibility of West Bengal to Varun Gandhi.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof