Cost of necklace gifted by Gadkari to Narendra Modi – Rs 100
Zee Media Bureau
New Delhi: The story about a necklace gifted to Narendra Modi by Nitin Gadkari and the questions raised over its value turned out to be damp squib on Sunday.
On September 13, when the Gujarat Chief Minister was anointed the BJP`s prime ministerial candidate, the party`s former president Nitin Gadkari had gifted him a necklace.
On September 19, the NCP had sought to know the cost of the diamond necklace which Gadkari had given to Modi.
"When Modi was anointed BJP`s PM nominee, party leaders garlanded him. The same day, Gadkari presented him with a diamond and pearl necklace. For some time, Modi wore it. Later, he removed it and handed it over to his private secretary or bodyguard," state NCP spokesperson Nawab Malik told reporters in Mumbai.
"Where is that necklace today? Has he kept it in his treasury ("toshakhana") or did he take it home or did he give it to a friend. This information should be given to the people of the country," Malik added.
"We also want to know what the value of the necklace is. Is it Rs 50 crore, or Rs 5 crore or Rs 50 lakh or Rs 5? The people are eager to know its cost," the NCP leader had said.
However, it has turned out that the hullaballoo was a case of much ado about nothing. The BJP today clarified that the necklace, was an ornament which was available in the market for a mere Rs 100.
With PTI inputs
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Discussion over Mamata Banerjee's close aide Firhad Hakim's 'mini Pakistan' comment
- Discussion over Mamata Banerjee's close aide Firhad Hakim's mini Pakistan comment-Part II
- Discussion over Mamata Banerjee's close aide Firhad Hakim's mini Pakistan comment-Part III
- Discussion over Mamata Banerjee's close aide Firhad Hakim's mini Pakistan comment-Part IV
- Dr. Subhash Chandra Show: Importance of time management
- Facebook India makes removal of offensive content a hard task
- Hundreds of protesters storm Baghdad’s Green Zone, break into Parliament
- Uttarakhand forest fire LIVE: 1500 villages under threat, govt issues alert
- Vodafone appoints six investment banks for $3billion India IPO
- China hints at retaliation against US anti-dumping probe