Could Nitish-Rajnath dinner hold key to NDA’s LS poll strategy?
New Delhi: Bihar Chief Minister Nitish Kumar on Saturday met BJP chief Rajnath Singh at his residence where the two leaders were understood to have held consultations on NDA`s strategy ahead of Lok Sabha polls.
Kumar is here to attend the two-day national executive and council meeting of JD(U) that began today in which a number of state chiefs of his party complained of being ignored and harassed by BJP, the lead NDA party.
During the dinner meeting, Kumar and Singh discussed ways to improve the coordination between the two parties.
Kumar was accompanied by party spokesperson K C Tyagi who earlier in the day said there was no question of aligning with "enemy" Congress by dispensing with "friend" BJP.
During the meeting, Kumar and Singh are learnt to have also discussed about NDA`s plans to rope in other parties.
On the first day of the party`s marathon meet, JD(U) made it clear that though it has strong reservations against Narendra Modi`s projection as BJP`s Prime Ministerial candidate, it did not want to leave NDA and won`t press for a timeline on the latter to announce its PM candidate.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indrani 'slow-poisoned' Sheena, wanted to portray Mikhail as 'mentally unstable'?
- 'Mann ki Baat': Will implement 13 new pointers to Land Bill from today itself, says PM Modi
- People have no faith left in Modi government: Sonia Gandhi at Swabhiman rally
- Will not allow any political party to join agitation: Hardik Patel
- Lashkar-e-Toiba plotting 26/11-style attack in India with the help of Pak Navy, ISI?
- Satire website publishes article on Osama bin Laden being alive and quotes Edward Snowden
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'
- Sheena murder: Suitcase seized from Indrani, Peter's residence meant for disposing Mikhail's body?
- Five simple tips to eat healthy!