Council results prove people have faith in BSP: Mayawati
Lucknow: Elated with the BSP performance
in the biennial elections for the Uttar Pradesh Legislative
Council, Chief Minister Mayawati on Wednesday said the results proved
once again that people still have faith in the policies and
programmes of the party.
"The results have proved that people in UP have
completely rejected Opposition parties, including the
Congress, SP and BJP, and have reposed their faith in policies
and programmes of the BSP," Mayawati said in a statement here.
The party won 31 of the 33 seats for which counting
was held today.
She said the BSP will now have a majority in the upper
house as well.
"As the party believes in equal participation of all
sections of society, therefore it fielded SC, OBC, upper
castes and religious minorities as its candidates," she said.
She said the results have exposed the negative
campaign being carried out by the Opposition parties.
"In by-elections held a few months back BSP candidates
won nine out of 11 seats and securities of Opposition
candidates were forfeited," she said.
Meanwhile, the BJP alleged the BSP was a result of
police machinery, muscle and money power.
"This is the victory of muscle and money power along
with police machinery. Democracy has lost the elections. It is
not the victory of BSP as a party, but that of BSP
government," party`s state vice-president Hriday Narain Dixit
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- No trace of IAF's AN-32 aircraft and survivors
- Rio Olympics 2016: NADA to take decision on Narsingh Yadav's fate today
- Intruder who ‘spiked’ wrestler Narsingh Yadav’s food identified: Sources
- China increases soldiers at Ladakh's Pangong Lake
- Madhya Pradesh: Two women assaulted at railway station for carrying beef
- Will Jennifer Lopez make tunes with Calvin Harris?
- This is how you can try contouring at home! Watch video
- Here's how Modi govt plans to bring back Kohinoor from UK
- Lindsay Lohan's dad confirms it's 'baby on board' for her
- Cricket in America: India-West Indies to play three T20Is in Florida in late August