Council results prove people have faith in BSP: Mayawati
Lucknow: Elated with the BSP performance
in the biennial elections for the Uttar Pradesh Legislative
Council, Chief Minister Mayawati on Wednesday said the results proved
once again that people still have faith in the policies and
programmes of the party.
"The results have proved that people in UP have
completely rejected Opposition parties, including the
Congress, SP and BJP, and have reposed their faith in policies
and programmes of the BSP," Mayawati said in a statement here.
The party won 31 of the 33 seats for which counting
was held today.
She said the BSP will now have a majority in the upper
house as well.
"As the party believes in equal participation of all
sections of society, therefore it fielded SC, OBC, upper
castes and religious minorities as its candidates," she said.
She said the results have exposed the negative
campaign being carried out by the Opposition parties.
"In by-elections held a few months back BSP candidates
won nine out of 11 seats and securities of Opposition
candidates were forfeited," she said.
Meanwhile, the BJP alleged the BSP was a result of
police machinery, muscle and money power.
"This is the victory of muscle and money power along
with police machinery. Democracy has lost the elections. It is
not the victory of BSP as a party, but that of BSP
government," party`s state vice-president Hriday Narain Dixit
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan
- Jayalalithaa's funeral procession: Sea of mourners gather to pay last respects
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan - Part II
- DNA: Know why Jayalalithaa was buried and not cremated
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- Kapil Sharma renews contract, his latest fee will make your jaw drop!