Council results prove people have faith in BSP: Mayawati
Lucknow: Elated with the BSP performance
in the biennial elections for the Uttar Pradesh Legislative
Council, Chief Minister Mayawati on Wednesday said the results proved
once again that people still have faith in the policies and
programmes of the party.
"The results have proved that people in UP have
completely rejected Opposition parties, including the
Congress, SP and BJP, and have reposed their faith in policies
and programmes of the BSP," Mayawati said in a statement here.
The party won 31 of the 33 seats for which counting
was held today.
She said the BSP will now have a majority in the upper
house as well.
"As the party believes in equal participation of all
sections of society, therefore it fielded SC, OBC, upper
castes and religious minorities as its candidates," she said.
She said the results have exposed the negative
campaign being carried out by the Opposition parties.
"In by-elections held a few months back BSP candidates
won nine out of 11 seats and securities of Opposition
candidates were forfeited," she said.
Meanwhile, the BJP alleged the BSP was a result of
police machinery, muscle and money power.
"This is the victory of muscle and money power along
with police machinery. Democracy has lost the elections. It is
not the victory of BSP as a party, but that of BSP
government," party`s state vice-president Hriday Narain Dixit
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: How Russian special forces Spetsnaz will end terror of ISIS
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Two J&K MLAs clash over beef party issue in Legislative Assembly
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- Greater Noida women blames UP police for stripping off their clothes
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- FIR against Asaduddin Owaisi for posting objectionable picture of Yogi Adityanath on Facebook
- Bihar has to choose between 'jungle raj' and 'vikas Raj': Narendra Modi
- Shocking! Saudi employer chops off Indian maid's hands
- Salman Khan's songs: Best five!