Counter-infiltration grid along LoC in Kashmir `robust`: Army
Kupwara: Expressing satisfaction over the counter-infiltration grid along the Line of Control in Kashmir, a top Army commander said his troops are capable enough to retaliate "appropriately" if there is any escalation of ceasefire violation in the Valley.
"In Kashmir division, the ceasefire violations are not as significant as it is in the south of the Pir Panjal in the Jammu division. So in this region the ceasefire violations are being kept under check and I hope the situation will remain under control.
"If it escalates, we can retaliate appropriately," Corps Commander of Srinagar-based Chinar Corps Lt Gen Subrata Saha told reporters on the sidelines of a function here, 100 km from Srinagar.
He said the counter-infiltration grid which is in place along the Line of Control in the Valley is "robust" and has foiled several infiltration attempts in the recent past.
"Let me assure you we have a very robust counter- infiltration grid in place. You have seen recent encounters where attempts have been made for infiltration. Those attempts have been foiled...In the past two to three weeks, seven terrorists have been killed while trying to infiltrate because of the very robust counter-infiltration grid," he said.
Terming the recent militant attack on BSF as "unfortunate", the Army commander said, "I wish to assure you that appropriate lessons are being learnt."
Two BSF personnel were killed and four others injured when militants attacked their vehicle at Koil in Pulwama district of south Kashmir last week.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi