Country facing `troubled times` says Jethmalani
Chennai: Observing that the country was facing "troubled times," senior BJP leader and Rajya Sabha MP Ram Jethmalani on Friday called for concerted efforts transcending all differences to fight the situation.
"After 65 years of independence, is there anything to celebrate? We are worse than what we were ever before. The well-placed forget the miserable life millions of people live and the malnutrition and the miserable conditions in slums," he said.
In his address at the Silver Jubilee celebrations of the Sindhi Chamber of Commerce here, Jethmalani also called for more contribution from the community towards achieving the goal.
"We have to fight this state of affairs, transcending all differences, including caste and religion.. These are troubled times and you don`t have to be guided by caste and religion differences," he said adding every Sindhi was naturally endowed with secularism.
He urged the Sindhis to reflect upon their rich tradition and history.
The veteran lawyer also said he was a "friend of your Chief Minister (J Jayalalithaa)."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- Reliance Jio effect: Airtel offers free unlimited local and STD calls with 4G data at Rs 145
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video