`Country needs another alternative to Cong, BJP`
Jaipur: The CPI on Saturday said that there was hardly any difference between Congress and BJP, as leaders of both the parties were "in jail or out on bail", and the country needs another alternative.
"The country needs alternative of Congress and BJP
because there is no difference between both the parties whose
some of their leaders were in jail or on bail," CPI general
secretary AB Bardhan said here.
Bardhan called upon the left parties to come together and
unite against communal forces in the country.
"Our target is to struggle against communal forces and
all left parties needs to be strengthened," he said during
inauguration of `Kumaranand Bhawan`, which will house the
party`s state office.
Targeting BJP, Bardhan said that besides corruption, the
party`s morally values have degraded.
"The incident of three Karnataka ministers watching
obscene video in the Assembly shows that moral values in BJP
have degraded," he said.
The state Chief Minister Ashok Gehlot was also present at
the function, and also criticised BJP`s approach over
communalism while underlining the importance of secular
The BJP has always worked to light fire in the country
and the Congress worked to douse it, Gehlot said.
Gehlot remembered renowned freedom fighter and
revolutionary Swami Kumaranand and said that his life and
character will always inspire the new generation.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Exclusive: Chat with 'Jazbaa' stars Aishwarya Rai and Irrfan Khan!
- Delhi government to add environment tax in electricity bill
- Shaheed Express train's freight coach catches fire on Ludhiana railway station
- AAP govt suggests four-fold hike in MLAs salaries
- Megastar Amitabh Bachchan chased by a tiger!
- India vs South Africa 2015: 3rd T20I - Preview
- Modi govt turns down IAF's request for more foreign fighter planes, pushes for Made-in-India Tejas
- Navjot Singh Sidhu diagnosed with DVT: Know about this life threatening disease!
- Unbelievable! Crops destroyed for Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi's rally in Karnataka
- Christian group claims that the world will be 'annihilated' today!