`Country needs another alternative to Cong, BJP`
Jaipur: The CPI on Saturday said that there was hardly any difference between Congress and BJP, as leaders of both the parties were "in jail or out on bail", and the country needs another alternative.
"The country needs alternative of Congress and BJP
because there is no difference between both the parties whose
some of their leaders were in jail or on bail," CPI general
secretary AB Bardhan said here.
Bardhan called upon the left parties to come together and
unite against communal forces in the country.
"Our target is to struggle against communal forces and
all left parties needs to be strengthened," he said during
inauguration of `Kumaranand Bhawan`, which will house the
party`s state office.
Targeting BJP, Bardhan said that besides corruption, the
party`s morally values have degraded.
"The incident of three Karnataka ministers watching
obscene video in the Assembly shows that moral values in BJP
have degraded," he said.
The state Chief Minister Ashok Gehlot was also present at
the function, and also criticised BJP`s approach over
communalism while underlining the importance of secular
The BJP has always worked to light fire in the country
and the Congress worked to douse it, Gehlot said.
Gehlot remembered renowned freedom fighter and
revolutionary Swami Kumaranand and said that his life and
character will always inspire the new generation.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rajnath Singh, Mehbooba Mufti hold joint press conference on Kashmir violence
- Will appoint nodal officer for Kashmiris: Rajnath Singh
- DNA: Analyzing ground reality of life of poor and vagrant people in India
- DNA: Analysis of press conference between Rajnath Singh and Mehbooba Mufti on Kashmir violence
- DNA: Analysis of India's weaknesses in new inventions and discoveries
- Rajnath Singh assures alternative to pellet guns in Kashmir; Mufti says stone-pelting, attacking security camps won't bring peace
- Rs 5 lakh compensation to family of woman devoured by dogs in Kerala
- At least 3 killed in suicide attack in Afghanistan's Balkh province
- UN General Assembly President-elect to visit India
- India needs to tread the innovation path to progress