Country needs change in policy, not government: Yechury
Thane: CPI(M) leader Sitaram Yechury on Friday said the country needs a change in policies and not the government.
"By just changing the government the problems will not be solved. What is needed is change in the policies that can go a long way in the interest of the country and its people," Yechury told reporters here, after addressing a tribals` rally in Talasari taluka of Thane district.
The country is presently facing a "precarious situation" on account of the economic policy that is not in the interest of the citizens and there is a dire need to change it, he said.
By changing or replacing the government, the purpose will not be served, he said, adding that the Opposition was "no better" than the present Congress-led government at the Centre.
The BJP is no better than other parties and is embroiled in its own problems, he said.
Presently the country faces three-fold problems - the gap between the rich and poor, faulty economic policy and high degree of uncertainty - besides others, he said.
He also said the recent allegations levelled by India Against Corruption member Arvind Kejriwal against Congress chairperson Sonia Gandhi`s son-in-law Robert Vadra were not new as those things were known earlier.
Demanding a "full House" debate on all issues, he said the Central government cannot excuse itself from it by citing the forthcoming elections in Gujarat and Himachal Pradesh.
"We want a full House debate on all the issues," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan
- Jayalalithaa's funeral procession: Sea of mourners gather to pay last respects
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan - Part II
- DNA: Know why Jayalalithaa was buried and not cremated
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Pakistan International Airlines plane from Chitral to Islamabad crashes near Havelian, 48 people dead