Country needs change in policy, not government: Yechury
Thane: CPI(M) leader Sitaram Yechury on Friday said the country needs a change in policies and not the government.
"By just changing the government the problems will not be solved. What is needed is change in the policies that can go a long way in the interest of the country and its people," Yechury told reporters here, after addressing a tribals` rally in Talasari taluka of Thane district.
The country is presently facing a "precarious situation" on account of the economic policy that is not in the interest of the citizens and there is a dire need to change it, he said.
By changing or replacing the government, the purpose will not be served, he said, adding that the Opposition was "no better" than the present Congress-led government at the Centre.
The BJP is no better than other parties and is embroiled in its own problems, he said.
Presently the country faces three-fold problems - the gap between the rich and poor, faulty economic policy and high degree of uncertainty - besides others, he said.
He also said the recent allegations levelled by India Against Corruption member Arvind Kejriwal against Congress chairperson Sonia Gandhi`s son-in-law Robert Vadra were not new as those things were known earlier.
Demanding a "full House" debate on all issues, he said the Central government cannot excuse itself from it by citing the forthcoming elections in Gujarat and Himachal Pradesh.
"We want a full House debate on all the issues," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will implement 'One Rank, One Pension' without fail: PM Modi
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar stands in a queue at Pune wedding!
- Delhi: Shakuntala Gamlin writes to LG against AAP minister
- Jharkhand's Health Minister slaps political rival in public
- One Rank, One Pension: What is complicating its implementation? Part-2
- Check CHSE orrisharesults.nic.in, chseodisha.nic.in for Class 12 (Plus Two) Result 2015
- Will ask SC if India can pursue Captain Saurabh Kalia case against Pakistan in ICJ: Sushma Swaraj
- IMD predicts thundershowers in Delhi, Punjab and UP between June 1-3
- Salman, Aamir, Shah Rukh in a film together?
- Even 100 Rahul Gandhis cannot match PM Narendra Modi's mega wave: Shiv Sena